Why do you keep fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adeebm

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Why do you keep fish? Is it their cute fishie faces, the challenge or what?

I personally keep them because they're soo darn cute and fascinating. And I like to "collect" species :p

--Adeeb

I hate to garden outside; I love the colors of fish; healthy hobby; they don't talk back or argue (at least mine don't!). And last but not least I love nature in all it's forms and this is a good way to have it close to me so I can appreciate it.

I think that they are soo cute, they arent expensive, im not allergic, and i can just watch them for hours on end just not really thinking about anything. It's nice :)

They relax me. I guess seeing fish swimming around the tank is interesting plus they make fertilizer for my plants.. I like gardening but gardening with fish is awesome.

I like how i know that am i am doing everything for this fish and it will have a great life in my tank.
Also i look in there when my brother you may know him MITCHELL605 or something is annoying me i just look in my tank and let my mind calm down =)

Sometimes I wonder why I even do it. Water changes, the cost, etc... Then if I'm having a bad day I can sit down in front of my 150g and all those feelings go away. It also gives me a good feeling to watch my 11 month old son stand in front of the tank and just watch the fish swimming back and forth all day.

I keep fish because for me they are therapy. To me, watching and caring for my fish is very relaxing, especially after a long day. The way I see it, I spend about $50 per month on aquarium related expenditures, If I went and saw a shrink to deal with stress, or took medication for stress, it would cost much more than that.

I am disabled and have limited functionality of my legs but it is not hard to look after them when you set things up properly. A sense of satisfaction knowing you have a hobby that you can do by yourself and do not need to rely on other to help.

AND THEY KEEP THE BRAIN ACTIVE WATCHING THEM BECAUSE THEY SO DARN CUTE

I watch my aquariums instead of TV.

Like everyone else it seems, I find it 100% relaxing. All the work is worth it to me, and most of the upkeep isn't bad. In fact, I enjoy a good PWC.

Whenever I'm out and see a dirty one in a medical office or something, I fight the impulse to offer to clean it.

Currently I don't have any fish, but I will agree with the "own world" posts and just add that keeping and propagating aquacultured coral helps me feel like im helping save what the world is destroying.

I watch my aquariums instead of TV.

Like everyone else it seems, I find it 100% relaxing. All the work is worth it to me, and most of the upkeep isn't bad. In fact, I enjoy a good PWC.

Whenever I'm out and see a dirty one in a medical office or something, I fight the impulse to offer to clean it.

Me, too!! LOL!

i find starring at your fish tank for hours after a hard days work (or nights work in my case) is very calming. lets me relax!

Back
Top Bottom