Wierd pleco colors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishbay

Aquarium Advice Regular
My pleco has turned from brown to yellow and I don't know what that means please help

image-3241721027.jpg

image-2425725337.jpg

My pleco has turned from brown to yellow and I don't know what that means please help

It looks like a clown pleco me? I don't know what it means but clowns are usually that color. You should pm surfer, he knows a bunch about plecos.

What species is this? My clown pleco has never looked like this, the yellow stripes are still a bit darker then this, although maybe it's the difference in lighting? Is there any fish that could be harrasing the pleco in your tank? What are your parameters temp etc? Is there caves and cover for it to retreat to? I'm sure someone will know a lot more then me on this topic, but I've seen a black veil angel turn almost white when it's bag leaked during transport before, so it could just be down to stress.

What species is this? My clown pleco has never looked like this, the yellow stripes are still a bit darker then this, although maybe it's the difference in lighting? Is there any fish that could be harrasing the pleco in your tank? What are your parameters temp etc? Is there caves and cover for it to retreat to? I'm sure someone will know a lot more then me on this topic, but I've seen a black veil angel turn almost white when it's bag leaked during transport before, so it could just be down to stress.

+1 for lighting, stress, or something. All the clowns in my lfs look like that.

Pleco returned to normal colors and I think it was just shocked from the lights coming on a little earlier than usual

Pleco returned to normal colors and I think it was just shocked from the lights coming on a little earlier than usual

Great! What color is it usually? I has never had a fish get stressed out from lights being turned on earlier but maybe that is different with plecs.

Its normally dark brown with light brown stripes

Back
Top Bottom