Wild caught plants advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishingBuds

Aquarium Advice Activist
Yesterday I went to one of the lakes near my home and grabbed some duckweed, not too much, I want them to proliferate, so I dont need to take nothing from nature ever again. I'm from florida and the ammount I grabbed is nothing compared to whats in the nature around here (pictures below).

I would like to know how to quarantine, if I need any medicine or anything. I have activated charcoal, melafix and water condioter, should i use the charcoal in the substrate? and I left them with a rich substrate and I dropped some liquid fertilizer as well. Also I have LED light but no filtration or CO2 in this quarantined tank.

I dont know which one is the other plant but it was inside the water so I got some that were floating around and I want to try it as well. Anyy advice or tips for me?

20200629_161616.jpgIMG-20200629-WA0009.jpg

I'd plant that in pots. The root system will take over the entire substrate. Other wise it's a gamble in introducing them to your system, you could soak in h202 for a bit.

I have other plants in my main tank, now I'm worried about the subtrate start to get weaker because of this new plant. I know the duckweed os okay, but you make me rethink about the circular one

I have other plants in my main tank, now I'm worried about the subtrate start to get weaker because of this new plant. I know the duckweed os okay, but you make me rethink about the circular one
Hence putting it in a pot;)

I think about chemicals or bad stuff they brought, but that was the first day, i ran a carbon activated in my filter and then removed it.
The circular plants, the ones that comes from the substrate died and was realeasing a disgusting smell from the tank, turning yellow and brownish but growing..that was weird, but i removed it cause the smell was awful in my room, and as soon as i removed it, the smell never showed up again. Normal routine continued as always.
Tank is pretty and everything is growing as planned.
Its frustrating when i see ppl with better substrate, all the high tech equipment, better tanks, better light, with issues growing plants. I got a piece of duckweed from a lake, and 2 anacharis from a store and this is my farm tank, some food containers filled with leftover shrimp substrate and a betta. Lol its doing perfect

Back
Top Bottom