Will my Purple stripe Psuedo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clownfish

Aquarium Advice Activist
eat my Shunker cleaner shrimp.

Bought a Purple stripe Puesdo yesterday and he seems to too interested in my skunk cleaner shrimp. Quick research this morning says they eat ornamental shrimp ( I know, I know -- thought I researched it first, but that's a different story) This morning, Pet store said they should be fine together, but they would take a return. Too tough to catch without taking out all my lr, so I'm thinking of seeing if the shrimp can fend him off.

Any thoughts, experiences, etc.

Definately a possibility. It really depends on which is bigger. That will not save the shrimp in the long run though. The odds are in favor of the fish :wink:

Cheers
Steve

dang. any thoughts on how to catch him, short of removing all my LR

i have a thought...i havent tried it yet but it might work. try to net him while hes eatin. AMBUSH!!

I recently went through the same, except my p. pseudochromis did eat a cleaner before I removed him. They are fairly aggressive so a bottle trap should work easily, caught mine in about 30 mins.
http://www.reef-aquarium.net Look for "bottle fish trap" for directions.

I have a plain purple pseudochromis and he has been in the tank about a year and has never once bothered my cleaner. Actually he lets the cleaner clean him.

Thanks for the bottle trap info. Looks like it may work. So far everyone is still a live. I was thinking that if just kept the psuedo well fed he won't care about the cleaners...

don't know if I should risk it or pull him :(

It's a risk, out of the blue one day mine just bit the tail clean off the cleaner shrimp. It's predatory instinct, feeding will only discourage it not "fix" it.

Back
Top Bottom