Will RCShrimplets survive here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zemerys

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys,

Finally set up my tank... Bought 8 rcs and 2 of them are already carrying eggs.

Will the shrimplets survive in my tank with this load of plants? Or shld i make it heavier?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1444552944.074382.jpg

And also why is it that some of my shrimps are like maroon, some red, some orangy almost yellowish and 1 doesnt have color.

The orangey one: if someone can assure me that that other fish is a siamese algae eater thatd be great!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1444553039.651371.jpg

I want to find a way for my shrimplets to survive in my main tank cz i dont have any other tanks nor the space for it.

Tankmates:

3 threadfin
2 mollies
9 baby neon tetras
3 siamese algae eater.
3 guppies
1 snail

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm not so sure the shrimplets will make it. I would add a lot more plants and things like cholla wood and Java moss for the little shrimp to hide in

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Im no expert but i recently had baby shrimps in a tank with 3 endlers (1m+2f) and im pretty sure most of them got eaten. They were not anywhere near full size either and it seems like you have some larger fish. There was also quite a bit of java moss in the tank (10 gal) half of which was covered in moss.

The only fish that are considered shrimp safe are otos. That being said people do successfully keep fish and shrimp together, myself included. Even heavily planted some shrimplets might survive but the colony won't grow as large as a shrimp only tank.

I succeed with them and guppies together. But i attribute that to a giant moss tree that the gups cant penetrate. In your situation theresa is right, it would take quite a wood/plant forest to have enough hiding places.... But ya never know.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I succeed with them and guppies together. But i attribute that to a giant moss tree that the gups cant penetrate. In your situation theresa is right, it would take quite a wood/plant forest to have enough hiding places.... But ya never know.

Hmm what about a breeding net? For the momma shrimp? I cant seperate her for now to another tankk cz i dont have one.... Im thinking of putting her on a net with verryyy fine holes until the shrimplets hatch.

Breeder net is worth a try. Sounds more viable atm than the tank.

If it's a standard breeding net I'd be concerned about the female and/or the shrimiplets escaping thru the top.

Also, the stress of catching the female might cause her to drop her eggs.

If it's a standard breeding net I'd be concerned about the female and/or the shrimiplets escaping thru the top.

Also, the stress of catching the female might cause her to drop her eggs.

If i do get a shrimp only tank with preggy shrimp. Shld i also place a male with them?

The momma shrimps i have already have a clutch of eggs that look like they have eyes...

Back
Top Bottom