Will this be to much fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tantan86

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I was on aquavisor and I generated a community tank and it said I was at 78% I have a 55 gallon aquarium with a aquaclear 70 and a Marineland pignuin 350, the tank is well established with a 6 Harlequin Rasbora, 7 Pristella Tetras and 5 Julli corys, I want to get some new fish and these are the ones I really would love to get, let me know what you think on the stocking level!! I do 30% water changes every week and I have sand as a substrate, I also keep my tanks at 80F and all my readings are perfect, I know I can't put them all in at once, I have a quarantine I use so I will be gradual!!

2 Blue German Rams
2 Dwarf Gourami
5 Khulli Loaches
5 Panda Corys

It sounds okay to me, since you have a 55 gal. tank, but I'm not familiar with the Loaches and don't know how big they get. Maybe someone else has an opinion.

It sounds okay to me. Honestly the only thing I would make sure of is that you do realize 3 out of 4 species you chose are all bottom dwellers. Are you cool with that? You think they'll all get along? If not, what do you plan on doing?

You should be fine with the dwarf gourami because even though they can be feisty they will stay up top for the most part.

Honestly, If you wanna add fish, id check with Aq Advisor. It's an aquarium stocking calculator, and it also helps with giving notices to aggression. The only thing that might be a problem, is the addition of Rams and all the other bottom dwellers. But I think a 55 might have a big enough foot print for that to not be a problem. But I'd just keep a close eye on them, as spawning Rams are notorious for killing fish that wander too close to their brood. And I'd also watch the gouramis as they can kill eachother over territory, but if you have plants that block their line of sight, they should be alright

Sent via echolocation

the panda cories might not fare so well in the warmer temps that the GBR need. Might want to consider sterbai cories as they seem to do well in the 80 degree range.

I would include a school of Bloodfin Tetras to your stock and maybe reconsider the Panda Cory school due to the temperature requirement of GBRs, Kuhli Loaches, and Bloodfin Tetras. I believe the Gourami handles the temperature well so my only concern remains with the Cories.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom