Will this work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

New

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Note: this is just a plan
75g with 2 HOB filters

Cherry barb x 10
Cardinal tetra x 10
Bleeding heart tetra x 10
Long finned serpae tetra x 10
Redtail black shark x 1
Common pleco x 1

Not the common pleco, but a replacement that doesn't get quite as large and is still cool is a salfin pleco, I have one and IMO it's pretty tight :)

Other than that, all is well (you catch the HP quote in there? (y))

Note: this is just a plan
75g with 2 HOB filters

Cherry barb x 10
Cardinal tetra x 10
Redtail black shark x 1
Common pleco x 1

Not sure about the common pleco..they get BIG but besides that it sounds good except I might cut it down to 9x each of those schools to slightly cut it down

The pleco like everyone else said probably wouldnt be good (try otocinclus instead) but Im not sure about the shark either. I heare they get aggresive with age. but I would research that to be sure

I concur. You are fine except for the common pleco. Those should be in 125g tanks. Thats a good sized tank for the shark, so he should be happy.

Pretty good starting list... my $.02 below. JMO.

Cherry barb x 10
Cardinal tetra x 10

Choose two of the schoolers and up their numbers to 15.

Redtail black shark x 1

Rainbow shark instead? Much more peaceful and less likely to cause future issues.

Common pleco x 1

Just don't. There are many plecos to choose from for a 75, avoid the fails and research max size.

so....based on reading them all....i think im going to pass on the common plec :brows: haha

Dude the common is cool, but not that cool. The size is annoying if u ask me bec it looks like it is squished no matter how big the tank. I prefer bn plecos or pitbull or rubberlip. Way better choices

I have a common pleco in a 75g and he's getting too big for it! But he does such a good job keeping the tank spotless it's probably time to give him to my friend who has a 120 gallon tank....... It's just so hard to say goodbye! :-(

What about cardinal tetras x 10, bleeding heart x 10, long fin serpae x 10, bala shark x 2-3, pleco of some sort?

Common pleco would be fine for a long time I have one in a 65 gal tank been in there for about 4 years just now about 7'' your schoolers are all good just remember to have plenty of hiding spaces and plants real or fake and bala sharks are ok for awhile just get them small but they will get very big pretty quick the redtail would be ok tho

I would absolutely not do balas. They are really cool but get huge!

What would be a good centerpiece? Colorful and a pretty big size Preferably (at least 5-7 in)

Back
Top Bottom