Work Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rose22

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a few 3 gallon and 1 gallon tanks laying around. I was thinking of taking one of them to work. The one I like best is 3 gallon, has a filter and LED lighting. Its an oval type shape, so it would fit well on my desk. Any ideas on what I could put in it or is it not worth it? I would like an actual fish even if it is just 1 fish. Maybe a betta or honey gourami? I'll do sand and live plants that I'll take out of my other tanks at home. Thanks.

I keep a betta at my desk in a 5 gallon. Its pretty low maintenance and I haven't had any issues yet. Another option I was recommended was to do an all shrimp tank, but I'm not really sure what maintenance they require

I also have a Betta on my desk at work. Just keep in mind the time it'll take for you to do your tank maintenance & if your boss or management will frown on it. Also consider how your fish will be cared for if you go on vacation or will be out for several days for any reason.

Do you guys have a heater or filter on your tanks? Are they needed for a betta? I've read so many conflicting things.

My coworker has her betta in a square glass container that they sell at petco. Its maybe 3 inches by 3 inches by 3 inches. He looks fine, but I feel like its too small. Hopefully me having a bigger tank will encourage her to get one.

Do you guys have a heater or filter on your tanks? Are they needed for a betta? I've read so many conflicting things.

My coworker has her betta in a square glass container that they sell at petco. Its maybe 3 inches by 3 inches by 3 inches. He looks fine, but I feel like its too small. Hopefully me having a bigger tank will encourage her to get one.

My work Betta is currently in a 2.5g tank,no filter but does have a heater. If you want a healthy Betta definitely have an adjustable heater, they like 78-80F. Plus i don't know about your office but mine stays pretty chilly so a heater is a must. I'm using a 5g as a hospital tank right now at home & once I'm done I'm probably going to take the 5g to work to upgrade him & to be able to cut back on my water changes to once a week & I think Krusty, my work Betta, would love a bigger tank. I sure hope your co-worker does an upgrade otherwise his/her Betta won't live too long.

I have a heater and filter on mine since we turn the heat off when we go home...it gets pretty cold in there

Back
Top Bottom