Working on My Stock Wish List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darknessheir

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so I am at a stand still to fill my tank with live rock until I move in 6 weeks. So I am just working on my wish list for stock. I wish that all gobies and blennies liked each other, there are so many cool ones out there. I would like to know if a Diamond Goby, Lawnmower Blenny and Mandarin Dragonette would all get along together in my 75gal + 20 gal sump tank. They are all bottom dwellers and both feed on sand critters.

I would wait about a year till you put the mandarin in. They need a very mature tank with a good population of pods. The other two should be OK. One word of advice. Ask the LFS if you can see the lawnmower blennie eat. I`ve seen many a one starve because they would only eat algea and when that ran out they would starve. It`s really a good practice to see every fish eat before you get it.

I would skip the lawnmower blenny as well, unless you can find one that eats prepared food. They tend to have more specific diets and can starve.
I also agree with Mike about the mandarin.

yeah I know I have to wait the longest for one of the fish that I have always wanted.

Others on my stock wish list would be
A blue Tang
Fire Angle
Lemonpeel Angle
Clownfish
A goby or benny or both
Mandarin Dragonette
Is this to much or could I maybe add a royal gamma, firefish or chromis?

Two dwarf angels in a 75 might not make it. Lemon peels look very nice but carry an attitude. If you have the lemon peel that will have to be the only angel in the tank IMO. The tang in a 75 will be iffy.

Back
Top Bottom