worm help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ralphiedoodle

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I cannot get a picture of the worms in my tank, they are very illusive and certainly scared of the light. I would say there are at least 2 different kinds based on the look of them. I have a 55 gallon tank that has been running for 13 weeks and I have counted at least 20+ worms in the rocks... Should I be concerned and is there a good source to identify these creatures? They have not caused trouble to my tank that I can tell but I did have a diamond goby dissapear, he always was in the rocks! Coincedence? Some are very bright orange and some have a more transperant or green color, it is hard to get a great look because they hid quickley with lights on them. Thanks for any help...

I would do a search of bristleworms and peanut worms and see if these are what you are seeing. They are both very common and nothing to be concerned about.

So I have searched the web and it seems like people will post 3 or 4 different pictures under one name so it is hard to know what is what. Google will show a picture of a "bristle worm" and that same picture will show up under a fire worm... SO that is what is leading to my confusion. Thanks

Definitely check out the link CaptainAhab posted, as that is the same one I would have pointed you to.

Back
Top Bottom