Worm?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fullmetalpauly

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just started a nano reef about 3 weeks ago. Things have been going fine with it but tonight I noticed a blue worm swimming really fast through the tank . I thought it might be a bristle worm, which I'm not sure if it's going to be harmful. I'm new at this and would be grateful for some help! I included a picture to help.

Attachments

• image-1762436426.jpg
    image-1762436426.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 203
Have a better pic? Its not a bristle worm- they are pink and have little fine hairy bristles covering them from head to toe.

Unfortunately I don't . I actually took that pick from a video. Too bad I can't upload that because it's easier to see when it's moving . I guess I'll have to go do recon each night to get a better pic

Was looking in my marine invertebrates book and didnt find much that was blue & wormy looking. Some of the nudibranches are blue colored. Also saw pic f cirolanids (aka fish lice) but they looked more like mini blue shrimp/lobsters than a worm. Maybe a very sm sea slug, sea hare or sea cucumber? I sure hope we can figure it out. Is it mainly nocturnal?

It does seem to be nocturnal . I just hope it isn't harmful especially how fast it is.

Maybe you could catch it & take it to LFS (if its a good one that actually has knowledgable staff) they might be able to ID it????? If you find out, please share.... There is a mystery to solve!!!! LOL

So, I took the video of the creature to my LFS and they told me it was a stage of a worm. Also they told me not to worry about it that it was harmless!

Back
Top Bottom