worms?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

<3mycichlids

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi! i have little white squirmy wormlike things on the inside glass of my 26 gallon cichlid tank, can anybody tell me what they are and if there a threat?

I don't know what they are, but I obtained a 75 gal from a lady with an Oscar and a whole bunch of other fish that shouldn't be housed with an Oscar, but I digress. Anywho, she didn't take the greatest of care of the tank and those things were everywhere in the gravel, in the water, on the underside of the glass canopy. Gross. I sucked them all up with the gravel vac and sent them down the drain. Don't know what they were, but it took me months to get rid of them all. Just when I thought they were all gone I would see more of them. Ugh. Good luck.

There is several things they can be they are most like some type of nematodes. Some bother snails and shrimp. Planaria or flatworms can bother fish eggs. You can control them by vacuuming the gravel they usually don't hurt anything unless you have shrimp or snails. There is several other things but none are really harmful to fish.

Back
Top Bottom