Would like a comment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pedrospontes

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Would like a comment on the viability of this aquaponic system that im going to build IMG_6785.jpg(photo) thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because im thinking on having a few plants and a good illumination at the fish aquarium. The focus here is ornamental.
Thanks for the comment[emoji1360]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, looks pretty cool. Quick question, the T that you have in the middle of the tank is supposed to vent water into both the tank and the above fixture correct?

Hey, looks pretty cool. Quick question, the T that you have in the middle of the tank is supposed to vent water into both the tank and the above fixture correct?
Ball valve??
Op- I dig it... is it just going to be river pebble in the planter?

Yes... the same pump will do the job of taking the water to both aquariums (think it will need a way to choose the amont of water that go for each system (a valve or so...))
Thanks for the comment

Looks like you are getting great growth? I assume nitrates would be very low from plants but wondered out of interest how ph was - I have (rarely) seen a few low ph’s from the plants consuming buffers as well.

Very very nice! You should be proud of this! Ps- I'm totally stealing your idea;)

That is a nice set up !
Only bad things happen fast in fishkeeping .:cool:
What you got for fish ?
What is the maintenance like so far?

That is a nice set up !
Only bad things happen fast in fishkeeping .:cool:
What you got for fish ?
What is the maintenance like so far?

One partial water change in 4 months. Amonia almost zero. Dont mesure the other ones. No algae.
Has 4 oscars... 1 turtle... and their live meal (molinesias)

Back
Top Bottom