xenia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

juskeepswiming

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a small frag of some xenia, I placed it up top and it closed up. Where in the tank does it belong, I have 175, 20K metal halides

I try to keep mine high because it climbs anyway. The higher it is the less it can climb! I don't really think it cares where it is though. If it has closed up it might not like something about your tank. They're pretty finicky. They usually either grow like weeds or die within a week!

My xenia live on the back of one of my snails. They are doing great! Maybe when the snail kicks the bucket I can make it a stable home... but I agree that they can be placed just about anywhere in the tank.

anywhere in the tank is fine. i also placed mine very high up so that when it crawls it doesnt cover your entire tank. one piece is under 135 watts of PC about 1" under the surface of the water. it does seem to have less color than the ones that are lower in the tank.

steve r

I have a few stocks in my tank low, medium and high level in the tank. They have been closing up recently, noticed some amonia in the tank as well as they don't like the heat. They closed up when I was having an overheating problem.

I hear they like low lighting, but I doubt that it really matters. I have mine growing like wildfire under NO lights.

:p

Back
Top Bottom