Yeah snails :ermm:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rain87

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I just notice today a couple of little snails in my 55 that I am setting up ever so slowly. Can someone direct me to a good place where I can look at pics and descriptions of snails so I can figure out if I want to keep them or get rid of them before I have an infestation. I know they aren't trumpet snails because they have a rounded shell.

So I just notice today a couple of little snails in my 55 that I am setting up ever so slowly. Can someone direct me to a good place where I can look at pics and descriptions of snails so I can figure out if I want to keep them or get rid of them before I have an infestation. I know they aren't trumpet snails because they have a rounded shell.

Is the tank planted? There's a good chance they're pond snails fro the import of plants. I heard if you put a piece of lettuce on the gravel in the evening and the next morning you can pull it and a bunch of snails out all at once.

Yes it is the funny thing is I haven't seen them till today and I put the most recent plant in a couple weeks ago lol. Well then so the suggestion would be to do the lettuce trick to remove them otherwise I will have an infestation on my hand right?

Yes it is the funny thing is I haven't seen them till today and I put the most recent plant in a couple weeks ago lol. Well then so the suggestion would be to do the lettuce trick to remove them otherwise I will have an infestation on my hand right?

They breed pretty fast and chances are a plant had eggs that just took time to hatch. Try the lettuce trick, because it can't hurt right? lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom