Yellow lab fry question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toddster180

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi , my yellow lab has spit her 14 baby's into a growing out tank , I have now put her back into my big tank , I have grown the fry on to about 3/4 inch , my red zebra female and another yellow lab is holding now also , can I put both these females into the fry tank ? Will I have any issues at all ? As I have Run out of tanks , I'm planning on selling the fry when they grow to a inch I just don't want the mothers bullying the fry , let me know your thoughts
Thanks andy

I've put holding yellow lab females into a fry tank with no problem, but remove her soon after she spits.

Thanks for the advice , will the fry get on with each other being slightly older brood ?

Toddster180 said:
Thanks for the advice , will the fry get on with each other being slightly older brood ?

They may fight a little but as fry they shouldn't kill each other.The larger fry will simply be the more dominant.Whats the size difference?

The fry that are in there are 1 month old at just half inch and my yellow lab female and red zebra female are about a week away from spitting ?

Back
Top Bottom