Yellow spot on peppermint shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weagle117

Aquarium Advice Regular
I can't really say I have anything sick- at least I hope not..... but I couldn't figure out where else to put these questions.
1. I got 2 peppermint shrimp @ a month ago. They were really little when I got them. I put them in my very calm 33gal tank that only has 2 clowns, a watchman goby, a pistil shrimp, a fire shrimp, and now a sea urchin, hermit crabs, snails... and xenia and athellia (sp?) coral.. No one bothers anyone in here and they all live boring lives... Anyway, one peppermint shrimp has outgrown the other at least 3x's. The one that is so big has a whitish/yellow teardrop shape on its back. It also had white stuff on both of its eyes... completely covered them but has come off a bit now. He acted normal with the white on his eyes and is acting fine now, too. They have both been coming out & catching food... gradually more & more. I just noticed the spot on its back. It is under the shell... doesn't bulge out but is new..... Could it be eggs, a new organ because he has gotten big so fast? His friend has grown but is still pretty little and is not as brave about coming out for food but does some. My question is about the yellow spot although I think I've given you more info than necessary. I'll ask my next ? on another post since this is so long. Pic didn't show much. Will try again if you think necessary for opinions. If you have any ideas let me know... Thanks

Back
Top Bottom