Yes, another what to do with all the tanks thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarred Darque

Aquarium Advice FINatic
OK, when money permits, I am moving my 29 gallon salt to a 55 gallon. I am plannin on making the 29 a brackish to salt tank for a green spot puffer.

Now, my 10 gallon tank, I was plannin on doing an invert mostly salt tank, with a leather as the centerpiece, however, I used to breed german blue rams in the tank, and at one point it had dwarf puffers, my friends want puffers in it, I just dontt know what to do there, or should I turn the 5 gallon hex into a single DP tank and do what with the 10 gallon? oh so many tanks, oh so little money. :/

However, the other option is to make the 55 a convict breeding tank to feed the 75 gallon pred tank until I can afford to make the 55 a SW tank, but then, what do I do to keep the preds fed? I mean, they normally eat pellet food, or frozen bloodworms, but buying a few hundred ghost shrimp every couple of weeks or a ton of feeders is kinda pricey, hence why I was planin originally on the breeding tank for feeders

If you decide you want the dwarf puffers, then I would recommend giving them as large an aquarium as you can manage. That way you can keep more and still have plenty of room for them to establish territories. In a 5 gallon tank you would only be able to keep one maybe two (depending on which recommendation you follow and the personailty of the puffers).

would only be one in the 5, 3 in the 10 if I did that. I have had DPs in the 5, the 10, and the 29 before

Back
Top Bottom