Yippee My Kribs have Spawned (Yet Again) ver 7.8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kribbman

Aquarium Advice Activist
They've done it once more. This time after having spawned barely 3 weeks earlier. I moved to my new apt about two weeks ago and had to tear down my tank. The fry were about a week old. (free swiming). So I gave them all to my cousin who had just finished cycling a 40 gal.
About 2 weeks after moving, they did it again.

This is spawn #7 actualy 8 since they ate the first one. in about 5 months.

If I had a dollar for every one of them fry.....:p

Hey CUZ, Im just cracking up reading your adds. THis week im goin to your new apartment to see the fry kicking ***.

Well...you are the kribbman :p

Congrats. I've been considering trying a Krib spawning project in my little 10g. I have other tanks I could move them to if I do get a spawn. I'd really like to get a fairly mature pair. Everything on aquabid is for older fry and juvies.

You should think about it. Its true once they get going its hard to stop them....
They will however give you lots of fry on a regular basis

You should think about it. Its true once they get going its hard to stop them....
They will however give you lots of fry on a regular basis

I have tried GBRs before, but it seems the 3 males I have had passed without signs of illness. I have lost 1 female due to internal parasites, but my other 2 females are still living healthily in my 20g community.

Next time I see some healthy local kribs, maybe I will pick them up. What is the age of sexual maturity for kribs?

They've done it once more. This time after having spawned barely 3 weeks earlier. I moved to my new apt about two weeks ago and had to tear down my tank. The fry were about a week old. (free swiming). So I gave them all to my cousin who had just finished cycling a 40 gal.
About 2 weeks after moving, they did it again.

This is spawn #7 actualy 8 since they ate the first one. in about 5 months.

If I had a dollar for every one of them fry.....:p

your pretty lucky mine haven't and i had them well over a month i did wonder whether it was because they were in with Malawi but they all get on fine and well the convicts are mating like mad:confused:

Im not exactly sure at what age kribs reach sexual maturity im guessing its something like around 6 to 8 months although I had mine for about 3 months before they first spawned.

.....Your kribs might have trouble finding a spot if your keeping then with Malawi's or maybe your fry/eggs are being eaten by more agressive fish....But that might not be probable due to the Kribbs reputation for being fierce defenders of their offspring I wouldnt be surprised to hear that they could hold off a couple of hungry OSCARS.....(hope no one has tried) They are realy cute just dont mess with their kids...lol

Back
Top Bottom