You know you're an aquarist if...(just for fun)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
absolutangel04 said:
Good to know about PetSmart. I do know some stores use a solution including methyl blue in their betta cups to perk up the bettas and hopefully keep them alive longer, I assumed PetSmart was one of those stores. Thanks for setting the record straight. :)

That's what I was told when I did water changes. Had a hell of a time training people not to overfeed the fish and pollute their water.

...if you have 14 tabs open on google chrome, all of which are new live plants you are considering (yes, I actually do)

or
... if you sneak your computer in your room to read this thread :)

... you know your car needs an oil change, but it is Saturday (PWC day)

When you don't know whether to post a notice on AA, take a pic, or net the month old fry out of the tank that managed to survive a month without being eaten! Whoo HOO!!

When you're looking at the vocab for your next science chapter and see nitrogen cycle. Then you start freaking out until you realize it's a different nitrogen cycle. Then you're disappointed.

Maxkolbe said:
When you're looking at the vocab for your next science chapter and see nitrogen cycle. Then you start freaking out until you realize it's a different nitrogen cycle. Then you're disappointed.

Lol same here. We studied chemical formulas in chemistry like No2 and No3! Haha

Nu-Nu the eel said:

Haha, try organic chemistry... I love the simple chemistry of the nitrogen cycle in comparison.

Nu-Nu the eel said:

Hahaha yah when I saw the radicals for ammonia, nitrate and nitrate on a periodic table I git excited. But none of my friends around me knew what I was talking about. Sucks for them mwahaha

When you hear about nitrates and bombs being related somewhere and a lightbulb goes off in your head. Your closet is now stacked with dirty fish water....

QuietPlotter is plotting.

Lol.

When you Have figured out how to fix not one, not two, but three brands of filter, but honestly doubt you could fix anything else mechanical in the house.

Alyxx said:
When you Have figured out how to fix not one, not two, but three brands of filter, but honestly doubt you could fix anything else mechanical in the house.

Yeah, I fixed my Aquaclear, finally.

I made a 3 pointer into the trash can and it hit the wall before it went it yet I felt bad so I tried using it one more time....

Deathly silent, crazy flow, epic filtration.

+1 for basketball.

QuietPlotter said:
Yeah, I fixed my Aquaclear, finally.

I made a 3 pointer into the trash can and it hit the wall before it went it yet I felt bad so I tried using it one more time....

Deathly silent, crazy flow, epic filtration.

+1 for basketball.

The hit probably did the trick, haha. That was a friend of mine's general rule for broken electronics, if all else fails, smack it against something hard, and try again. Believe it or not that worked for quite a few things, including my old mp3 player. I've gotten a couple filters working by smacking the area with the impeller before. This time it took unplugging it and playing around with the impeller for a while. This was my aqueon. I run two aqueons, two aqua techs, and a crappy little internal whisper. Used to have an eclipse and a whisper hob but when they both decided to give me trouble in the same week I just upgraded. I'll fix them eventually. Man, I have 4 tanks and 7 filters in my apartment...

LOL.

Bro, one question-

How do you sleep????

I have tinnitus (yep I'm 13) and need whitenoise on my phone to sleep. I get super annoyed from filters if they randomly get loud I cannot imagine that lol. I have errrrr 6 but diff rooms. 6 filters.

QuietPlotter said:
LOL.

Bro, one question-

How do you sleep????

I have tinnitus (yep I'm 13) and need whitenoise on my phone to sleep. I get super annoyed from filters if they randomly get loud I cannot imagine that lol. I have errrrr 6 but diff rooms. 6 filters.

Lol, I'm a girl for one! All of my filters are very quiet unless the water level drops, so I just stay on top of doing top-offs for the tanks in my room. My little 1.5 gallon with the internal filter that is on my nightstand is silent, which is good since I haven't messed with it since I moved my betta out. That tank sits empty most of the time. The one in my living room with two filters tends to be louder because I keep the water level a little lower since I have plants that grow out of the water and they are just now getting tall enough to sit on my rocks and poke out, but it is far enough from the couch that I don't hear it much from where we usually sit. When they both stopped working because the water was too low when I was cycling and first growing out those mangroves it woke me up all the way from the living room, though. I will admit I've dragged the bucket out more than a few times to do a sleepy top-off right before bed because it was too noisy, though. Man, tinnitus by 13, that's rough. I thought back problems by the time I turned 16 was bad.

QuietPlotter said:
LOL.

Bro, one question-

How do you sleep????

I occasionally sleep in the living room where my 4 tanks are... 4 filters... I also have ear problems and occasionally if a filter gets loud my grumpy sleepy self has been known to turn said filter off till morning... OR check water level quickly... Usually for me loud filter means low water level... So I get one of my cups I use in my tanks, rush to fill it, few drops of Prime and pour in...
Doesn't usually happen now... And now I don't risk turning filters off.. :)

Sorry, gamer habit, everyone is a "bro" to me lol.

Yeah it started this summer when I was flipping out over something and all of a sudden I couldn't hear and this high pitch noise got stuck in my ears. I hear great now better than most but it's hell in quiet places :(

Back pain? In 6th grade I slept wrong once and walked with my head cocked the right at an extreme angle for the whole day lmao.

Well, glad to hear people are combating the evil filter noises!

What sort of ear problems do you have?

And I think tinnitus helps me accept who I am and that I can't change what has happened to me so it's a valuable thing to have. But it feels like crap when I'm in dead silent spots. Grr.

And back pain by 16 IS worse. I can't imagine back issues that young. Sorry Alyxx :(

QuietPlotter said:

And I think tinnitus helps me accept who I am and that I can't change what has happened to me so it's a valuable thing to have. But it feels like crap when I'm in dead silent spots. Grr.

And back pain by 16 IS worse. I can't imagine back issues that young. Sorry Alyxx :(

Wouldn't like an ipod help?

QuietPlotter said:

My back is curved wrong in my neck and lower back. Saw my first chiropractor before I was 10. Kind of like scoliosis but back to front instead of curving side to side. Makes hauling buckets for water changes suck, I need a python!

You know... When you stumble around the house in the dark after getting home from work because you don't wan't to turn on the light and wake the fish up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom