Your experience with Kribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PilotGav

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm considering adding A pair of Kribs to my 29g tank

Currently there are 8 Harlequin Rasbora and a couple of fancy guppies.

I know Kribs CAN be aggressive when breeding. Does anyone have experience with this combo?

PilotGav said:
I'm considering adding A pair of Kribs to my 29g tank

Currently there are 8 Harlequin Rasbora and a couple of fancy guppies.

I know Kribs CAN be aggressive when breeding. Does anyone have experience with this combo?

I don't know about a pair, I've heard they like to take over tanks and just cause problems. I'd stay away from a pair unless they're alone in a tank. I think one would be good with your stock

I'd worry about the guppies more than the rasboras. Still I've heard from other hobbyists they have pairs of kribs even with bottom dwellers and haven't had a problem. I think it's kind of a crapshoot...it may work or it may end up being a total nightmare.

I have a pair of Kribs with some Rosy Barbs and Mollies. KriBs get aggressive only when spawning, however your tank should be fine as they like the hang out at the bottom and your other first will keep the top busy which relaxes the Kribs. I say go for it!

Guppies actually spend a fair amount of time searching the substrate for uneaten bits and what not...which is why I think they'd be at far more risk than the rasboras.

Back
Top Bottom