YOUR favorite fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have to agree with the people who said clown loaches. I've wanted some for so long, and now I have three, and I've not been disappointed!

I love my Oscars - I have a pair of albino tigers that are super fun to watch! They're very interactive, too. Does anyone know if they'd gobble up clown loaches? I like loaches, but don't want them to be lunch... It's a big tank.

I also would really like a silver arrowana, but they're spendy and it'd probably be way too much aggression in one tank!

I don't know how an oscar would treat a clown loach. I don't think they're gonna be eating a full grown clown loach, they're a similar size, but they might still be aggressive towards and kill them.

I think the issue would be tank size and growth rates. Oscars grow a heck of a lot faster, and clowns need a group of 3. So you're got 5 fish now that reach a foot and make a ton of waste.

I'd have to say.... Platies and mollies would have to be my favorite fish to date. I also like bettas a lot. They are so cool looking!

Mollies! Sailfins, Baloons, Dalmations, Silvers, Black, and 24 Caret Gold. Great fish, active friendly, tuff as nails, huge variety, easy to breed (just try and stop em!). I love my mollies, I need a bigger tank so I can get some MORE! (and another for all the durn Fry!)

Polypterus of any species. I just love it when they bend their 'necks' (which they don't have) and look up to see if you're going to feed them another chunk of beef-heart.

i love all of them but our tiger/green barb gang are real characters & fun to watch, they think theyre tough boys(yep we've got all boys) until something chases them ( the peppered corys sometimes) & then you can almost hear them shout 'oh s***t as they scoot away. i love the way they do a patrol of the tank every morning & evening - just checking everthing out & even cuter is when our yoyo joins them - i think he thinks hes king barb!!! :D

I think my fav fish are tiger barbs and clown loaches... they are such characters to watch and I think the tigers and loaches believe they are the same species as they seem to always swim together and play with each other.

I have another new fish that I really really like.. I've had him since Dec 22nd 2003:

Hillstream Loach (Beaufortia kweichowensis) He/she/it is super cool and has been a great addition to my tank...... :)

Funny you should ask. I love watching my rainbow and albino rainbow sharks lately. The albinos tend to be lazy and lay around a lot but the rainbows are always moving, prowling and exploring. They will also brush my hand and tickle with thier feelers. I just started thinking about creating a shark tank, Rainbows, Red Tails & Bala. Maybe some Loaches but I need to do some research for compatability. What do you think?

I love my tinfoil barbs! they're so friendly, energetic and easy to please. A very close tie is the geophagus jarupari (sp.?)

I love my Tiger Brabs. But also I love angel fish. I dont think they're the most attractive of fish, but its because they are so graceful in their movements that attracts them to me. My fiancee however, loves our Sunset Platties, they are real nice a nd we have 24 fry platties tooo! :D

Jon

Back
Top Bottom