your favorite small schooling fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brittanykluss

Aquarium Advice Freak
I plan on buying a small school of 6 fish today was thinking of harlequin rasbora anyone have any suggestion I have a 20gallon so nothing that gets more than 2 inches

I do love H Rasboras :)
Emperor Tetras ( if you ever go larger )
Neons ( fabulous in big schools of 20 or more , but great in smaller groups also)
Glowlights
Bleeding Heart Tetras
Celestial Pearl Danios ( tiny but oh so cute )
Cherry Barbs ( just don't buy all males )

Yah, me too on the cherry barbs and neons. I also recently got some flame von rios I like a lot.

I like rummynose tetras, for the simple fact that they are probably the TIGHTEST schooling fish.
Always moving together.

Rasbora Heteromorpha Danio is that the same thing as a harlquin rasbora? This is what petsmart list a fish (looks like the h rasbora) as. Are there any specific needs? Are they compatable with regular fish and inverts?

I will second the chilis. They are a great small schooling fish. Great color, and incredibly tiny. Plus - ime they school very tightly.

harlequin rasboras do they school tightly? i just added 7 to my tank and they are all seperated right now.. are they just getting used to the tank?

brittanykluss said:
harlequin rasboras do they school tightly? i just added 7 to my tank and they are all seperated right now.. are they just getting used to the tank?

When I added mine, 10 of them. Only like a couple would stick together and the rest were kind of everywhere. They're schooling together now so I believe it's just them being in a new environment.

I love my ember tetras. They are so ridiculously peaceful and pretty. Also love my rummies. Their bright little rudoplh noses look awesome as they school. :)

absolutangel04 said:
I love my ember tetras. They are so ridiculously peaceful and pretty. Also love my rummies. Their bright little rudoplh noses look awesome as they school. :)

I was thinking about getting some ember tetras for my Betta in a 10g would it work or not? My Betta is not aggressive and shares his tank with corydoras and loves to play with them! What r your thoughts on this? If they don't get along I would move the ember tetras to my 40g. Thx!

I have 6 embers in with my betta in a 10 and it works great. :) Since you already know your betta can be in a community setting, go for it!

Back
Top Bottom