Your thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hinds04

Aquarium Advice Addict
What are your thoughts on a reef tank with DIY rock? Just heard that people have had problems with corals growing on them.

I have not heard that .. I see no problems if cured properly and directions are followed (I believe it is garf that has directions on doing DIY LR)
Curing it is the hardest part , then some small pieces to seed it .. As I said I see no issues with it and it is envromentally sound as well ;)

Thats good news,still there was a link posted in my build thread about it. How many of you have reefs with DIY LR.

IMO, DIY rock just doesn't look as good as the real stuff. I always see home made rock and you can just tell that its man made. I hate when you can see human preference in aquascaping of real rock even. Its really distracting to me.
But if you do it, I would be interested to see how it turns out. It very well may be the future of SW, lots of places are limiting or banning the export of dry and live rock.

Back
Top Bottom