zebra danios

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darby

Aquarium Advice Activist
For the last few days, one of them has been pestering the others. I don't know if they are playing around, mating, fighting, or what. It looks like they are trying to push each other out of their way. It seems like there is only one instigating it all. This fish has "whiskers" that appear to point down from the corners of its mouth, too. I didn't know danios had them.
One more question, are danios livebearers?

darby said:
For the last few days, one of them has been pestering the others. I don't know if they are playing around, mating, fighting, or what. It looks like they are trying to push each other out of their way. It seems like there is only one instigating it all. This fish has "whiskers" that appear to point down from the corners of its mouth, too. I didn't know danios had them.

Danios lay eggs.

My danios do that too. It's mainly one big one that does it, but they all do it at one time or another. This is what danios do. It's nothing to worry about.

If, however, it does become aggressive and harmful, it is best to separate them. And ask here for more advice!

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

darby said:

My danios (4 orange dyed, 2 zebras) chase each other around all the time. They also like to tease my fantail by swimming infront of him slowly till he chases them, then they swim away :D. Sometimes I swear I see them smirking at him afterwards lol.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium Advice App

man... they should stop dying fish, thats messed up...i know they had environmental reasons to do so, but for commercial use it is kinda wierd, right... i wanted some colored fruit tetras a while back, im not hating on you... your my bud, so far...one of the few here...lol

doogle said:
man... they should stop dying fish, thats messed up...i know they had environmental reasons to do so, but for commercial use it is kinda wierd, right... i wanted some colored fruit tetras a while back, im not hating on you... your my bud, so far...one of the few here...lol

What do you mean the few? We may disagree on some things, but that doesn't mean that we will never get along. After all, even buds disagree, right?

What do you mean the few? We may disagree on some things, but that doesn't mean that we will never get along. After all, even buds disagree, right?

If we all agreed all the time about everything, how would we ever learn anything new. It's our differences that create the discussions that we learn from the most.
If this were a mutual admiration society, what a bore. And I for one would be looking elsewhere for information.
Doogle, many of your question make us prove the truth of our beliefs. That's not a bad thing at all. You have more Buds than you think.

doogle said:
thank you for the kind words guys... guess i feel oppressed(or whatever,lol) here, sometimes...

I'm sorry about that. Some people don't get what you're trying to say, or take it offensively for whatever reason(guilty as charged :( ) and don't look past the surface to what you're really saying. I get so frustrated when I post something and it seems to go completely ignored.

thank you for the kind words guys... guess i feel oppressed(or whatever,lol) here, sometimes...

I think that's happen to most of us at one time or another. I've had a couple of people tare into me for questioning a subject they felt particularly rabid about. I don't think they meant to come across so hostile. I hope I haven't sounded hostile toward anyone. If I have, I do apologize.
I know I have on occasion felt defensive.

On my insane danio.

OK, now I remember, your crazy Danio that's shoving the others and has whiskers.
I'm getting some Zebra Danio on Fri., so I've been reading up on them and whiskers are normal. You may not be able to see them on all the Danio. Some have very small whiskers, if we're talking about the same thing any way.
But they are normal.

Those orange zebra aren't dyed actually dooogle. Theyre genetically modified. Rather big difference from what happens to painted tetras. Glofish (colored dainos) have genes that are spliced with different genes from colored corals that made them green. They are the same fish just colored. They can reproduce and everything. Only a few fish were even spliced to begin with. The gene is fully passed on to each fish generation peacefully. The fact that they have gone commercial is actually great. They are putting some proceeds from selling them towards the funding of the scientists against pollution. :)

doogle said:

The whole, holding an AK in your avatar thing might not be helping either, lol. I feel like I'm gonna see you on the news or something, haha.

ya, right? lol it happens to us all... i think having fish has a element that other pet owners' cant relate too, like building their world can do things to a persons point of view..i dunno...hey deckape, i was thinking about your tank... you have any ideas about it, or tankmates(if any) just wondering how much longer till you are ready?

Those orange zebra aren't dyed actually dooogle. Theyre genetically modified. Rather big difference from what happens to painted tetras. Glofish (colored dainos) have genes that are spliced with different genes from colored corals that made them green. They are the same fish just colored. They can reproduce and everything. Only a few fish were even spliced to begin with. The gene is fully passed on to each fish generation peacefully. The fact that they have gone commercial is actually great. They are putting some proceeds from selling them towards the funding of the scientists against pollution. :)
ya i was thinking of fruit tetras and glo fish, well it is what it is, right...my girlfriend wants glofish soooo bad..lol... its hard to ignore the man with a gun in his hand..lol ...i could change it, but i like the contreversy, it gets people to think...gun ownership is a whole different forum! ...lol... maybe i should find a good forum for that too...its not an ak, but i could have a pic with one instead of the uzi..lol...p.s. my girl's facebook pic has a pic of her and her gun...i think its awesome

Back
Top Bottom