Ziggy953's 72 Bow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can hardly wait to get some of your frags. Maybe that will help you get going with your 'projects' so we can finally start to see some new tank build pictures. (see your pm) :D

Thanks!!

Cmor, clearing out some of these frags is going to help the new tank a lot. I appreciate your interest in my corals!!!

I said I'm only going to have one tank running I didn't say anything about not having more then one tank around the house. lol

Thanks for the then and now pics, it really gives me hope and it gives me ideas for aquascaping mine once the rock is cured.

You've got quite the impressive tank there Ziggy. How do you get so many purples, or do you just buy them purple?

Did I understand that you plan on getting a tank even bigger than 210gal?

Almost all of the rock that is in the tank was dry base rock. I only bought maybe 40lbs of actual LR. Not getting a bigger tank until I build my house in a few years the 210 will do for now. I'm getting closer to firing that project up!

Haha the owner of my LFS told me a story about one of their clients who built their entire house around a 15,000 gallon tank...hes gonna see if he can find the pictures...your planning something like that right? lol

Yeah as soon as I win the lottery I will plan something like that and invite everyone from AA over to the house to help out with it. Don't hold your breath though!

For now the 210 will be enough tank for me to work with. When we build our house in a few years I'm planning on somewhere near 500g.

Haha the owner of my LFS told me a story about one of their clients who built their entire house around a 15,000 gallon tank...hes gonna see if he can find the pictures...your planning something like that right? lol

That reminds me of the guy in france who put on a mask and snorkle to clean his tank. Man I wish I could find that pic.

SO Ziggy, all your corals just grew onto and took over your base rocks? How old is that tank?

The tank is almost 3 years old now.

Maybe I misunderstood you when you said the "purple" and where I got it. If you are talking about the coraline algae that covers the rock, that just grew onto the rock. The corals I bought, most of them at Blue Ribbon Koi & Marine (LFS in my area). I would say that 75% of my corals started from 1" frags purchased for less then $10. Some of them I spent a lot more money on, like the Bottle Brush Acro, the Pink Birds nest, the blue tort, they are all ORA frags and are a little pricey. Well worth it because of the great conservation that ORA promotes and practices but expensive non the less.

So pitt420dude, clearify what you were asking me a little or did I answer it this time around??

WOW...I guess it's time for some updated pics of my tank....I'll post some this weekend. Things are looking pretty good. My Valida is now growing out of the water which is not so good. I need to trim the toadstool some more. It has grown a lot since the first cutting. My frogspawn has become so large that it is now stinging my caps on either side of it so I'm going to have to breakdown and do some trimming on it as well. My RBTA is doing great. What I thought was it splitting was just it holding on in more then one spot. So no spilt for me. The Hawkins is growing like mad which is a very good thing. The superman Monti is looking awesome and is starting to show signs of spreading.

Oh yeah and I added a CBB to the tank. So far so good I have no aptasia at all he has eaten it all. I've gotten him to eat artic-pods ($$$$$$$$$) and he has started to nibble at the mysis I put in for the other fish.

Anyway I'll get some new and updated pics up this weekend.

I can't wait for the updated pictures. Your tank is awesome. If I could pull something like that off, I'd be on the SW train without a doubt!

Back
Top Bottom