Ziggy's 40b Planted Journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aside from the new LED configuration, what's next with this tank? Any changes in stocking? Don't get me wrong, this setup in gorgeous as is. Just curious if you get bored after a while with it and then shift your focus on your other builds.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I will eventually get bored with this tank and focus on other things. I have two other tanks in the works so my focus is being split between them. I give it a year before I will want to make major changes to the 40.

A few pics of the tank from today. I've neglected it for over a week now as I have been caught up in the LED upgrade on the 54g tank:

KkxGNcS.jpg

E99yKYZ.jpg

a7Zzwl4.jpg

By this weekend I will have a lot of trimming to do...

A few pics of the tank from today. I've neglected it for over a week now as I have been caught up in the LED upgrade on the 54g tank:

KkxGNcS.jpg

E99yKYZ.jpg

a7Zzwl4.jpg

By this weekend I will have a lot of trimming to do...

It doesn't look neglected to me! ??

That's plant abuse right there. Plant neglect of the highest magnitude.....?

One strand of dhg that's taller than the rest of a perfect carpet is considered unkempt to you right?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well I was going to wait until the weekend to trim the tank up. I can't do that. In the last couple of days the plants have exploded in growth. Unreal!

Time to get in a tanktop and start trimming!

Plant growth is not always convenient or on your schedule. I'm often doing a trim mid week late at night because I can't take it. I think of those poor foreground plant suffering in the shade. For me, trimmings go into a well lit holding tank until shipping time.

Plant growth is not always convenient or on your schedule. I'm often doing a trim mid week late at night because I can't take it. I think of those poor foreground plant suffering in the shade. For me, trimmings go into a well lit holding tank until shipping time.

Trimming for me = always soaked, water on the floor, plants in my hair, water running down my back, plants on the floor, plants in the trash....I need that shrinking ray that TT was talking about so I can just get in there with a lawn mower and take care of business.

So graphic. I heard of a dude who hooked up a waterproof razor onto a stick that also held the end of a siphon hose. It was basically a flow-bee for the DHG.

J A N U A R Y T O T M ! ! !
Like there was any doubt. I would give you TOTY.

So graphic. I heard of a dude who hooked up a waterproof razor onto a stick that also held the end of a siphon hose. It was basically a flow-bee for the DHG.

J A N U A R Y T O T M ! ! !
Like there was any doubt. I would give you TOTY.

Thank you very much, I am super honored!

I sense another DIY project on the rise...electric trimmer hmmmm...

Back
Top Bottom