Ziggy's 40b Planted Journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Ziggy, what are your water conditions with those shrimp? I have hard water and use no special water conditioners for inverts.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hey Ziggy, what are your water conditions with those shrimp? I have hard water and use no special water conditioners for inverts.

The only thing I do with my water is add Prime when I use tap. I do mix tap and RODI. No set ratio or anything.

I haven't tested my KH and GH in a while but they are both on the lower end of the scale for tropical fish/shrimp.

Good substrate, good lighting, CO2 and Ferts. That is all I am doing.

I need to get a pressurized co2 system. I was doing diy for a little while, and it helped a bit, but I couldn't get it to work with a reactor so it wastes most and creates a bunch of bubbles all around the tank. Looks like club soda in there...so I've stopped for now.

As for ferts, I've only added some of mebbids recipe diy root tabs and nothing else...also need to invest in some good dry ferts, but without the added co2 it would just feed algae in my tank. I've had to significantly shorten my lighting schedule because of the imbalance causing hair algae.

Smh....can't wait to get this tank growing!! XD

Well I did a little more trimming today. I chopped the S. Repens way back. I also cleaned up the Monte Carlo and reformed my sand path.

L6Nh4UH.jpg

Ydu7JOi.jpg

b8hnBdX.jpg

txFi0yj.jpg

ygSjgFo.jpg

Perhaps you need to trim more aggressively (regarding Ammania Gracilis)
I'm getting the opposite with the star repens and Glosso. The latter is invading the stars and popping up in between the stems.

Not sure if frisky is the correct word.
I see you hired Edward Scissorhands as your gardener. I'll give a few weeks and it will look just like the before pic. I bet it's pearling like crazy since a lot of stems have been cut.

Sling blade -I like mustard with my biscuits. Just like fresh said its gonna grow out in no time. The s. Repens looks like they're recovering nicely.

Not sure if frisky is the correct word.
I see you hired Edward Scissorhands as your gardener. I'll give a few weeks and it will look just like the before pic. I bet it's pearling like crazy since a lot of stems have been cut.

I will try and do daily pic postings of the progress. I expect to see growth in a couple of days on the Ammania Gracilis. The Monte Carlo will take a few weeks to recover.

Sling blade -I like mustard with my biscuits. Just like fresh said its gonna grow out in no time. The s. Repens looks like they're recovering nicely.

haha!

Yeah the S. Repens is coming along nicely. I was worried for a while there. I would not have chopped everything back so drastically if I wasn't sure it would come back thick and nice.

I expect 2 weeks and it will need a haircut again.

Well yesterday I did a little trimming on the DHG and cleaned up a few things. I'm seeing some new growth on the plants I trimmed last week (operation CHOP). I did a water change at the same time. Today I was looking at the tank and decided I didn't like the look of the Vals in the back right corner of the tank any more so I pulled all that mess out. I added a couple of substrate supports and then added more substrate to the back corner. I decided to plant some of the Ludwigia I had clipped from the 54 in that corner. It should look nice when it grows in. The balance to the right with a little bit of red should look lovely.

HZnGsB3.jpg

SpenoiU.jpg

gf7Kg5c.jpg

JK01uxQ.jpg

xwRyvkS.jpg

Has the lighting changed? Something looks different. There is spot light effect where it is bright in the middle and darker along the back. Or the lighting seems more focused. Maybe it's been like that and I've just not noticed until now.
I was not sure if there was background music or dialog in the video. I usually add a background track on my videos to mask my heavy (creepy) breathing. ?

Back
Top Bottom