Ziggy's Corner Planter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm home all day today and tomorrow so I should have lots of time to work on the tanks. I'm planning on getting the light suspended and the plants into the big system. The tank is still a bit cloudy from covering the slate so I will address that today as well. It's time for a serious water change on the tank anyway.

I have crappy internet today so I may or may not be around much, having to use my cell to connect to the net.

Updates and pics will come as I can do them.

You two are silly! I love the Zoo too!

Making some real progress with the lighting system today. I have the aluminum form bent and riveted together as well as painted black. One of the bent conduit pieces are in place the other two are not far from being installed. I don't have the chain so I probably wont have the light suspended tonight but there is always walmart.

I have to thank Jimbo for his help in designing the light form. Below is a pic of what I have made.

lightthingc.png

Ok so I just looked at my 10g tank and guess what I saw. Pearling!!! I am amazed but there it was plain as day. My cabomba is pearling like crazy. I guess it is happy. I would post pics but I don't have the camera here. It went to work with someone. The plant growth in the 10g is insane the fish literally have nowhere to swim for all the plants.

I have to finish up the lights and get plants moved into the corner tank. I'm waiting on the paint to dry on the conduit before their final attachement and adjustment. Getting close here!!!!

Nice all my plants are pearling (now i know what it is) I read that in perfect condidtions plants will release o2 into the water and grow. Well clearly our tanks are "perfect" lol

Here are a couple pics to tide you over while I finish up the last bit of details getting things hung and centered.

This the the actual build of the image from post #231
002lct.jpg

010rl.jpg

The underside. The box you see is the aluminum project box that holds the buckpucks and wiring.
004kzu.jpg

For those of you who made comment about attaching the conduit to the tank since it is in the corner already here is how I managed it.

There is a 2x4 cut to length with the conduit attached to it and bolted through the stand and held in place. Worked out very well.
006sh.jpg

I painted everything black to match the stand and tank. Everything looks nice and clean this way. I've got black chain as well. The only thing that isn't black are the eyebolts and for now I can live with that.

Here's a random shot of the driftwood

007ba.jpg

More work to be done tonight. Oh and I pulled the 10g sump and filtration out from under the tank while working. I'm cleaning up all the wire and mounting the power supplies in the stand. I want everything nice and neat under there. Gotta get back to work as the tank is not being filtered right now.

More to come...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom