Ziggy's Corner Planter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that's not a lot of wires. you should see them running the phone and computer wires in a 911 call facility. talk about a spaghetti factory crashing into a yarn barn. lol

You should see a photo of me in vietnam then you will know wires infact im going to post it!
Lol not hijacking the thread though!
The guy on it was actually posing lol!
But the LEDs would be really bright i ahve them over my shrimp tank and it looks great. I can wait to see the tank stocked what were you thinkning of putting in there. Because i know i would like to see a beautiful gruop of tetra of some kind. Because im a tetra freak :rainbowafro:
img_1170528_0_7923aa553a11d6c773ec274d8becc289.jpg

The avatar is great. I love tetras, too...

Does blue light help with plants or does it just make the fish look better? One of my lights is pinkish and the other looks white, I gues it has some blue in it. I just got bulbs that say they're good for plants.

A moonlight is not unhealthy for the fish? I read that certain lighting is bad.

Be curious to see how the plants do - it will definitely be a high light tank with those LEDs. Your the second person I've seen wire those lights together now, seems like a heck of a lot of work. My hat is off to you for putting in the effort.

You should see a photo of me in vietnam then you will know wires infact im going to post it!
Lol not hijacking the thread though!
The guy on it was actually posing lol!
But the LEDs would be really bright i ahve them over my shrimp tank and it looks great. I can wait to see the tank stocked what were you thinkning of putting in there. Because i know i would like to see a beautiful gruop of tetra of some kind. Because im a tetra freak :rainbowafro:
img_1170578_0_7923aa553a11d6c773ec274d8becc289.jpg

That is just a giant mess there!

I plan to have a large school of either neons or cardinals. I haven't decided which yet. I love the colors so they will be in the tank for sure.

The avatar is great. I love tetras, too...

Does blue light help with plants or does it just make the fish look better? One of my lights is pinkish and the other looks white, I gues it has some blue in it. I just got bulbs that say they're good for plants.

A moonlight is not unhealthy for the fish? I read that certain lighting is bad.

From everything I've read the blue doesn't help the plants at all. They do generate some par value so I guess they could in some regard. They are there because I had them and they will make the fish look nice and pretty.

A moonlight is fine for your fish. I had them over my Reef tank.

Be curious to see how the plants do - it will definitely be a high light tank with those LEDs. Your the second person I've seen wire those lights together now, seems like a heck of a lot of work. My hat is off to you for putting in the effort.

This will be a high light tank for sure. Each LED is 1watt and generates 100 lumens. The whites are 6500K so they are ideal for plants.

Trust me it was a lot more of a pain than I had anticipated. They are all wired up and run beautifully, well all but one diode that isn't firing. Got to replace it.

Here they are all wired up.
005cgl.jpg

Just the whites. As you can see there is a diode not on.
006mls.jpg

Whites with flash so you can actually see them.
007hd.jpg

All of them
008qo.jpg

All of them with flash
009sa.jpg

I walk away from this thread for a day and a half and wow, we go from three to eight pages. Sheesh, its almost like you're popular or something. :p

So bummed to hear about the idiot that ruined it for you with his salt creep, but you've jumped to something else I've been kind of thinking about doing sometime in the future! I'm tagging along for sure! :)

I walk away from this thread for a day and a half and wow, we go from three to eight pages. Sheesh, its almost like you're popular or something. :p

So bummed to hear about the idiot that ruined it for you with his salt creep, but you've jumped to something else I've been kind of thinking about doing sometime in the future! I'm tagging along for sure! :)

LOL!!!

Glad you decided to join the ride. Keep your arms and legs inside the car at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom