Ziggy's Corner Planter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ammonia was .25 2 days ago when I tested. Nitrate was barely detectable, Nitrite was barely detectable. PH is 6.8-7. My test kit isn't as accurate as I would like. I will test the water again today and see where we are. I put the filter media from the 10g in the filter to help get the bacteria going. Temp is running around 74.

Wow! I've been so busy catching up with school work the past couple days (or at least it felt like it lol), but apparently I've missed a lot! Amazing how much work you've already done with this, congrats :). Can't wait to see how it looks with fish and plants :D

Awesome so, the LEDs I ordered last week came in today. I picked up a project box from Radio Shack (for the buck pucks) also snagged some aluminum from Home Depot to begin the mounting of the heatsink. I need to borrow a pipe bender from someone and attach the last 5 LEDs to the heatsink. Extend the wire for the PS to allow for them to be under the stand and I should be good to go.

Getting kinda excited here.

Here are the updated pics of the LEDs with all of them burning.

004kq.jpg

003aay.jpg

002fmm.jpg

001jt.jpg

Hey Ziggy,

Looking sharp, I agree. For your size tank you want to stick to smaller sized sword plants.

Lace Leaf (aka Madagascar Lace Leaf) is a very delicate plant. If you can source a healthy one, and keep it healthy, I will mail you 50 cents, minus postage ;)

:lol: IMO hygrophilas, mosses, java fern, a carpet, and some driftwood can do wonderful things... for example one of my all time favorite tanks http://www.adana-usa.com/images/gallery0/2.jpg

Of course if you are going high-light, ferts, CO2, you should at least consider iwagumi as well.

If you just want something fun to play around with and show some color, look at red stem plants, buy a couple of them, and see which ones turn red, or stay red for you :lol: Some (like ludwigia repens) may be red naturally, or need a little provoking to turn red.

You may find PlantGeek.net - Your Aquatic Plant Resource helpful by the way.

Best of luck and happy planting ;)

Edit: It appears from the pictures that your tank is a true quarter of a circle? What is the radius?

Hey Ziggy,

Looking sharp, I agree. For your size tank you want to stick to smaller sized sword plants.

Lace Leaf (aka Madagascar Lace Leaf) is a very delicate plant. If you can source a healthy one, and keep it healthy, I will mail you 50 cents, minus postage ;)

:lol: IMO hygrophilas, mosses, java fern, a carpet, and some driftwood can do wonderful things... for example one of my all time favorite tanks http://www.adana-usa.com/images/gallery0/2.jpg

Of course if you are going high-light, ferts, CO2, you should at least consider iwagumi as well.

If you just want something fun to play around with and show some color, look at red stem plants, buy a couple of them, and see which ones turn red, or stay red for you :lol: Some (like ludwigia repens) may be red naturally, or need a little provoking to turn red.

You may find PlantGeek.net - Your Aquatic Plant Resource helpful by the way.

Best of luck and happy planting ;)

Edit: It appears from the pictures that your tank is a true quarter of a circle? What is the radius?

Thanks for the tips. Not sure what you mean about sending me 50 cents minus postage??

I don't know what the radius of the tank is, I guess I can figure it up.

Taylorodw: ROFL!! about the $.50!

IMO the iwagumi is covered with too much moss. Personally, I like to see some rock. Natural rocks, not resin or manufactured.

I agree with the red stems. They can make a striking contrast. Besides, I have and adore cardinal tetras and they compliment each other. IMO

Radius: the length of a line segment between the center and circumference of a circle or sphere.
Diameter: circle's 'width'. The diameter is two times the radius.
Circumference: the distance around the edge of the circle.

If you know the diameter
Given the diameter of a circle, the radius is simply half the diameter:
D is the diameter of the circle

If you know the circumference
If you know the circumference of a circle, the radius can be found using the formula
C is the circumference of the circle
π is Pi, approximately 3.142

If you know the area
If you know the area of a circle, the radius can be found using the formula
A is the area of the circle
π is Pi, approximately 3.142

Also: Radius of a circle formula calculator - How to find the radius of a circle (I don't know how to make it a link. I guess you can just copy and paste)

Ooo! I did it!

HN1 and severum mamma had some a while back. They were healthy and doing great until I went on vacation and came back to tank full of algae.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom