Ziggy's Corner Planter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the conduit is cut to length and the junction box is in place. I'm headed out in a couple minutes to pick up the chain to hang the light.

dowhat004.jpg

dowhat002.jpg

You two are silly! I love the Zoo too!

Making some real progress with the lighting system today. I have the aluminum form bent and riveted together as well as painted black. One of the bent conduit pieces are in place the other two are not far from being installed. I don't have the chain so I probably wont have the light suspended tonight but there is always walmart.

I have to thank Jimbo for his help in designing the light form. Below is a pic of what I have made.

lightthingc.png

Lol i had to come and double check there wasn't anything personal up when i took this screenshot. Glad I could help bud, it looks great!

Here are some updated pics of the sump back under the tank. I cleaned it out. I also mounted the power supplies for the LEDs, I'm going to install a small 80mm fan over them to keep them cool. The power strip has been mounted up high as well, and I installed a light under the tank so I can see what I'm doing while working there.

Just wanted to get things nice and tidy.

Power supplies for the LEDs, staggered on purpose, so I can get to the wiring easily.
001qvy.jpg

006mh.jpg

Bolt holding the 2x4 to the stand that has the conduit mounted on it.
005sft.jpg

Understand lighting
004kiv.jpg

The cleaned out sump
007xp.jpg

Well 2 days and a lot of tissue and I finally have the light suspended over the tank. I'm pleased with how it turned out...

011uio.jpg

011uio.jpg

015czx.jpg

018fum.jpg

Now to move some plants from the 10g to this tank.

Just to clear some room in the 10g I pulled the 2 largest plants out. I had no idea they had grown this much. HOLY CRAP!

019qb.jpg

021sz.jpg

WOAH- that's some major lighting you've got in there. Looks... alienated (like Libby said) but I like it! It's so cool!

The driftwood is AMAZING! Can't wait to see it stocked with fish!

EDIT: Yeah! I agree with Jason's post below me.

Nice. Are there fish in there? Also, what type of plant is in the middle of the rocks on the third pic?

There are 4 feeders in the tank. They have been in there keeping the bio filter fed.

The plant in the center amongst the rocks is an Amazon Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom