Zoa growth confusion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jake337

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just got some blue zoas from a local reefer yesterday. He told me there were about 8-10 heads but instead the frag was more than 30+ mini heads! I don't really understand what it means by zoa growth. Does the "growth" part mean the zoas itself growing in diameter and get bigger or as in just multiplying? These blue zoas are pretty small compared to my others and would like then to get bigger in size. Also how long does it take to see some growth in zoas?

Some types of zoas have smaller heads. I have a yellow one that has pretty small heads, but has doubled in the number of heads in last couple of months. I think when people talk about growth in terms of zoas, it mostly about new heads.

I got se blue zoas as well and the heads are smaller in size as well. I do notice that they are also more compact then my other zoas.

Crystal A said:
I got se blue zoas as well and the heads are smaller in size as well. I do notice that they are also more compact then my other zoas.

When it comes to zoas most people associate growth with new head, once a new head is formed it doesnt take much to reach full size. Zoas and palys come in many sizes from eraser heads to half dollar with some palys. Most zoas tend to be less than dime size.

When it comes to zoas most people associate growth with new head, once a new head is formed it doesnt take much to reach full size. Zoas and palys come in many sizes from eraser heads to half dollar with some palys. Most zoas tend to be less than dime size.

Hit it right on the money. Some of my zoas have very small heads, then others are "normal" size.

Back
Top Bottom