Zoas not looking too hot.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeeDemTails

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have had these green zoas for about 2 months....they have been doing fine, and looking great until the other day....Im not sure why but the ones exposed to direct light have shriveled up a little around the edges.

The ones on the side of the colony look fine, but the ones on the top look a little odd for some reason.

Could they be getting too much light?....I would say ok but I thought zoas liked high light, and they have been doing great under 9.6 WPG for the last 2 months in the same spot.

Params are:

no2 - 0
no3 - 0
nh3/4 - 0
ph - 8.4
Temp - 78.5*F

I am not sure what is happening to them....all the other corals in the tank are doing fine. I mean, they open but just look a little off when they are open.

I know zoas are hadry, should I just give them a few days and watch them?

Here are a couple pics....

This is what they usually look like...(dont worry, they are still the same color, I used a different flash!)
P8180675.jpg

Here is a pic of the side of the colony, this is how they should look...
Picture%20008_22.jpg

Here is the top, notice the difference?
Picture%20009_28.jpg

Any input guys?

There is such a thing as light acclimation also, where you start'm low and raise'm after some time.

2 months and OK? I'm still kinda thinking that they are reacting negatively to the higher light. 96 watts seems an awful lot unless you're talking hard acros/hard corals or something. Just wondering how it could take 2 months to start reacting. Are they on the bottom of the tank already?

How are your phosphates?

No worries they are back to normal, I think it had something to do with a close encounter with some wandering xenia.

I am worried about my other zoos, the pink ones, a section of them has not opened for 5 days, but all the zoos around them look fine!?!

Back
Top Bottom