Algae on Rocks.. WANTED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smithpants94

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey, guys,

I'm on my way to getting back into African cichlids! I'm planning on a specie only tank of demasoni.

Anyway, I know exactly how my rock work is going to look, I have my stocking, I have my filtration, I have my tank but I need one more thing... algae.

I want to cover the rocks in the tank in that perfectly green algae that we our cichlids nibbling on day and night.

Coming from planted tanks, I feel like I should know how to grow algae.. but any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance, everyone!

I have a double lamp t5 normal output fixture.. It has a 6500k bulb and a daylight bulb in it for now but I plan on switching over to an actinic bulb when I start getting the algae growth

The lighting is certainly important, but water chemistry is also a key factor. It's about finding the right balance. Maintenance, well needless to say it's always required to keep perfect parameters.

My 2 month algae progression video and below that is of my tank from a few days ago:

From a few days ago during my hand-feeding, a lot more green today and will be completely covered in 1-2 weeks when all the purple/red have converted over to green.
1kzd7.jpg

Yes I was trying to remember who had that bad..... Cichlid setup... It's sonics.. Yep

Back
Top Bottom