12-50 gallon upgrade build thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would dose back up to 4ppm ammonia and then check it tomorrow. You will know for sure that you are cycled then.

spoonman said:
I would dose back up to 4ppm ammonia and then check it tomorrow. You will know for sure that you are cycled then.

Don't worry this tank will still not see any livestock for at least another 3-4 weeks. Im currently looking for some pure ammonia, i know you won't be able to suggest anywhere you buy it as I'm in the uk, but do you know any makes or brands so i can start searching?? Thanks on advance! :)

Here in the US we have ace hardware. Not sure of others. You need to check the label and make sure it has NO surfactants. If you shake it and it bubbles up, that is bad. If you shake and no bubbles then you are usually good.

Goddam you woulda thought by now one of the aquarium product manufacturers would of actually produced a product solely for fishless cycling by now.
Really struggling to find anything suitable. :-(

Russ_gibbo1985 said:
Goddam you woulda thought by now one of the aquarium product manufacturers would of actually produced a product solely for fishless cycling by now.
Really struggling to find anything suitable. :-(

They do make ammonia in a bottle from fish manufactures. Why would you waste your money on this. A fish-less Cycle is as simple as 1 piece of large raw uncooked shrimp from the grocery store for 4-5 days then pulling it out. Your ammonia will be around 4-5 ppm. I know this works. I just did it. First your ammonia shoots up, then your trites, then your Trates. It took my 60g approximately 4 weeks to level out at 0ppm ammonia and trites. Don't water, and don't add anything. Now sporting some delicate fish with a strong bio capacity!

I remember looking into it when i bought this juwel as i wasnt expecting 300 hybrid cichlids to come with it and thought i'd have to do a cycle lol

steg22 said:
I remember looking into it when i bought this juwel as i wasnt expecting 300 hybrid cichlids to come with it and thought i'd have to do a cycle lol

Ahhh yea fair point lol. Only problem is the nearest one is Wellingborough!

steg22 said:
theres one in harb, ill have a look tomorrow for you but a few people have mentioned its hard to get because they use it in bomb making.

Ammonium Hydroxide : UK Chemical Suppliers, Buy Chemicals Online

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jeyes-Ltd-Kleenoff-Household-Ammonia/dp/B003MPLX4W/ref=pd_cp_kh_0

seems like everyone who bought the amazon one also bought the freshwater test kit so must be ammonium hydroxide (the one you want)

STEG, finally you are useful lol! ;-) good work soldier just ordered the kleenof stuff from Amazon good shout, should be here in the next three days.

Readingexcalibur said:
They do make ammonia in a bottle from fish manufactures. Why would you waste your money on this. A fish-less Cycle is as simple as 1 piece of large raw uncooked shrimp from the grocery store for 4-5 days then pulling it out. Your ammonia will be around 4-5 ppm. I know this works. I just did it. First your ammonia shoots up, then your trites, then your Trates. It took my 60g approximately 4 weeks to level out at 0ppm ammonia and trites. Don't water, and don't add anything. Now sporting some delicate fish with a strong bio capacity!

I agree that raw prawn or shrimp is a good source of ammonia its just not controlled enough for me, i wanna dose and know I'll be hitting exactly four ppm, and lets be honest 5 bucks is peanuts! :)

Im always useful, i nearly picked up the right pizzas last week lol, what you putting in first anyway? A shrimp?

steg22 said:
Im always useful, i nearly picked up the right pizzas last week lol, what you putting in first anyway? A shrimp?

Lol but you still got them wrong!
Dunno yet mate, either the coral beauty or im gonna get

An orange spot goby for this tank, might get him first to test the waters as they say lol. It's either of that oe

Lol really shouldn't write these things when I haven't even opened my eyes properly lol. So it's either an orange spot or the coral beauty as there's no way um risking my clowns or mandarin.

Back
Top Bottom