Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-14-2012, 04:17 PM   #41
Aquarium Advice Freak

A mandarin goby needs an established tank with a large pod population. They only eat pods unless you have one trained on other foods. Tank should be running about a year and you could get a bottle of,pods from the Lfs to start you off. Just saying...

Old 06-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #42
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosesrblu1
A mandarin goby needs an established tank with a large pod population. They only eat pods unless you have one trained on other foods. Tank should be running about a year and you could get a bottle of,pods from the Lfs to start you off. Just saying...
My mandarin monty is thriving in the nano, the rockwork is teeming with pods and is well mature this stuff will be coming over with the other stuff once the new tank is fully cycled. He eats frozen too and when he first goes over ill be using live pod packs to help supplement.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:44 PM   #43
Aquarium Advice Freak

So i never used the ammonia to cycle as regardless of what other people used I'm too worried about adding something I don't want lol. Ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate back down to 5 so I did a 25% water change yesterday which returned the nitrate to 0. I added my first stock yesterday i added a one eyed green chromis my friend at the lfs said I could 'borrow' lol. I also moved 2 toadstool 1 xenia and 1 zoa frag from my other tank and everything opened and looked well today, so far so good! Ill check my parameters in the morning when I get up as it's late and I'm just in from work, ill get some photos in the morning too, here's a quick latest full tank shot!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120618_234443.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	101390
Old 06-18-2012, 08:09 PM   #44
Aquarium Advice Freak

Oh and 2 little hermit crabs.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:35 AM   #45
Aquarium Advice Activist

you gunna get a partner for monty?
Pair of German Blue Rams, Pair of Peacock Gobys, Venezuelan Corys, Long Finned Pepper Cory, Orange Neon Cory, Sterbai Corys, Albino Corys, Elegans Corys, Bronze Corys, Columbian Tetras, Cardinal Tetras, Rummy Nose Tetras, Marble Hatchets, Zebra Danios, Red Finned Zebra Danio, African Dwarf Frog and Darwin the Cream and Blue Betta
steg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #46
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by steg22
you gunna get a partner for monty?
Yeah I think i probably will mate when the tank has done a LOT of maturing, need to do some research on sexing them as well before anything like that happens.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:09 AM   #47
Aquarium Advice Activist

man that'll be sick! i'm debating whether to spend my money on a van or on a marine lol.
Pair of German Blue Rams, Pair of Peacock Gobys, Venezuelan Corys, Long Finned Pepper Cory, Orange Neon Cory, Sterbai Corys, Albino Corys, Elegans Corys, Bronze Corys, Columbian Tetras, Cardinal Tetras, Rummy Nose Tetras, Marble Hatchets, Zebra Danios, Red Finned Zebra Danio, African Dwarf Frog and Darwin the Cream and Blue Betta
Old 06-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #48
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
man that'll be sick! i'm debating whether to spend my money on a van or on a marine lol.
The van so you can go pick up the marine!
Old 06-19-2012, 10:22 AM   #49
Aquarium Advice Activist

genius lol, just need a new job now! i can get a grand together shortly for the aqua one 300 only downside is you need the same again to stock it lol! then i also thought about doing my juwel but it's too scratched so if i do it i want to do it properly.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:55 AM   #50
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
genius lol, just need a new job now! i can get a grand together shortly for the aqua one 300 only downside is you need the same again to stock it lol! then i also thought about doing my juwel but it's too scratched so if i do it i want to do it properly.
Steg mate start marines with something you can afford, like a 2 gallon pico lol!

Tags
50 gallon, build, build thread, upgrade

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com