Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Exciting stuff Dary. Just got the call today myself that those new AquaIllumination Hydras I ordered for my 180 are in. Picking them up Thursday. [emoji16]

Wow,...just goes to show that we never never really grow up , it's just our toys get a lot more expensive!! I just had my new gfo reactor delivered , I have been using a modified reef octopus bio pellet reactor for my gfo which has really worked out well,..but my carbon reactor was simply too small for my taste so I decided that the reef octopus reactor will now be my carbon reactor and my new innovative marine minimax xl that was just delivered will be my gfo reactor , I like the design especially when it comes time to change out the media , its a really well thought out design with simplicity being its main focus , I guess only time will tell but I really can't see any complications ,... fill us in when you pick up your new toys ok ?

Scary ,but my tank's looking the best it has in the last year, I'm sure the new Rodi unit along with the urchins and cleanup crew has all contributed equally ,... all the parameters looking good and stable ,..I'm really looking foward to changing out and adding my new reactor,..feel like a kid again !
Also Looking foward to adding a few more coral and fish in the near future ,that's something I haven't done for a long long time

Does that mean that an alien eye chalice might be in the cards? I'm pretty similar at this point due to urchin, more filtering, and yesterday being the first round of water changes and top off from the ro/di. Really excited to see what the new additions do.

Does that mean that an alien eye chalice might be in the cards? I'm pretty similar at this point due to urchin, more filtering, and yesterday being the first round of water changes and top off from the ro/di. Really excited to see what the new additions do.

I'll prob hold off on any Martian type chalices for awhile simply cuz they cost a bunch ,... I did visit my lfs today and got a couple of monti's ,.... thinking about adding a fox face, hippo or powder tang ,.... gotta think it thru tho

View attachment 292517 here's a pretty cool thing I picked up a few weeks back ,... it's a little temperature controlled outlet that lets you plug both your heater and your cooler into it at the same time ,.it makes it really nice because instead of having a separate on /off controller on your cooler working and on you heater too ,this controls both of em so you never have both heater and cooler coming on at the same time ,....I wanted to see how it worked first before I reviewed it here but she's worked flawlessly so far ... it was about $60 +-
That is a re-branded STC1000 which you can buy for about £7 then for the sockets and project box is about another £10 a little bit of wire and some time you can soon make one I made one for my own system.

We had a member by the name on your controller join a reef forum I'm a moderator on and they was trying to push them units but when we pointed out you can make exactly the same yourself for 1/4 of the price they got annoyed and ended up getting banned.

That is a re-branded STC1000 which you can buy for about £7 then for the sockets and project box is about another £10 a little bit of wire and some time you can soon make one I made one for my own system.

We had a member by the name on your controller join a reef forum I'm a moderator on and they was trying to push them units but when we pointed out you can make exactly the same yourself for 1/4 of the price they got annoyed and ended up getting banned.

Dary and electricity don't mix very well :)

Ah then you took the safest option

The STC is a great bit of kit and you will find it to be very accurate :)

I have in my 6ft

Orange Shoulder Tang 7"
Purple Tang 5"
Kole Tang 4"
Yellow Tang 5"
Regal Tang 4"

I did have a Powder Blue as well but that decided to get whitespot and pass away a while back all others fine with no sign of spot or any aggression between any of them :)

I bought a fox face today ,.. and a couple of more monti frags,....I think the powder blue is just around the corner

Back
Top Bottom