Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm back for more EBay punishment. Have you seen the number of frags they list? Having become a capricornis addict, I ordered two exotic blue frags on eBay that looked really cool. They will no doubt arrive the size of a pea.

tell me how the shipment goes for them, i want to buy from ebay at some point and if they are horrible sellers, im not going to buy from them and ill probably stick with liveaquaria.

Check out LA Reefs. They have an e-bay store but you can also buy from there website. I got in a group buy a while back and got a RBTA that was much bigger than advertised and has been a awesome addition to my tank. The people who got corals all loved them as well.

needmorecowbell said:
Alright I'll check them out too!

Dary, how's the tank?

Well., it's been a few weeks since I've been back here,..sometimes life just gets in the way !! Re.how the tank's doing?.., I wish I really knew,. Both good and bad,.. I had to stop and rethink a lot of things trying to figure out what went wrong lately,... For the last year or so everything that I put into my tank Coral wise grew like weeds ,..I never bothered to really pay too much attention to what levels I had in the tank and usually just left my PWC's replenish what ever was used up....then one day I was advised ( lfs) to start to monitor and replenish my calcium etc etc,..as my levels were a little low,... I think that this is where everything went downhill ,...... Ive lost a lot of my corals that I've had for a long time,...I finally decided to go back to my basics and let my tank fend for itself with the PWC's without my frankenstien interference ... So far things are looking much better,...no more coral die off ( fingers crossed)...... the less I do the better things seem to be.
I think it was mr.x who kinda does the same thing,...just let the water changes do the work. In my situation I think this is my best option .
I did replace my two little fishies reactor that were joined together via one pump and a little tubing to one of the bulk reef supply's duo gfo/ carbon reactors.....the canisters are the same as in their RODI setups,....so much cleaner,..absolutely love it.
While doing today's pwc I decided to try and reintroduce " pyscho " my picaso triggerfish that has called my sump his home for months ( after getting the snot kicked outa him by my rectangular triggerfish ) back into the main tank just to see if time healed any bad feeling that they had,..... Well,..that lasted about ten seconds before the rectangular trigger started violently attacking him again.....back to the sump he goes again ,..:-/ ..
Well, right or wrong that's where I am today.....

Aww that stinks, is your sump going to be big enough to keep him in for his lifespan?

Im just starting to Measure my alk and calc, but it seems to be doing well for everything but my xenia.

needmorecowbell said:
Wow that looks nice! How did you attach your pump to it?

I ordered the pump that they recommended ( which turned out to be the exact pump that i was already using ) it attaches via a snap in hose like in the rodi setups only larger

Just a little update,...yesterday I survived my 60th birthday without too much fanfare., no heart attack , no ambulance ride etc,.... Just kind of a relaxing day with a zillion well wishes from work and friends,...... My tank has still been steadily improving since my lack of interference ,... I've even had a coral that was half dissolved reverse itself and now seems to be doing great again.,..everything seems to be steady and once again flourishing ,..remarkable.
I guess if it wasn't broken than don't try and fix it !!!!....I guess even us old farts are still learning :)

Just a little update,...yesterday I survived my 60th birthday without too much fanfare., no heart attack , no ambulance ride etc,.... Just kind of a relaxing day with a zillion well wishes from work and friends,...... My tank has still been steadily improving since my lack of interference ,... I've even had a coral that was half dissolved reverse itself and now seems to be doing great again.,..everything seems to be steady and once again flourishing ,..remarkable.
I guess if it wasn't broken than don't try and fix it !!!!....I guess even us old farts are still learning :)

Happy Birthday Dary!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance: I am catching up fast. Was just talking to my wife the other day say how inside, I am sure I am still about 25. There is no way I am 52. :)

Back
Top Bottom