Ziggy953's 150 Build errrr....120 Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy cow!! I just realized my thread has been viewed over 20,000 times.

Thanks for checking it out everyone!!

If you can get one to eat you have won the battle. Mine I am lucky to say started eating immediately.

I couldn't resist any longer. I got a copperband that is about the same size as yours. He was eating mysis at the LFS. He does have a few blemishes on his fins that may be ich, I'm just going to take my chances and treat accordingly in the QT. Did your copperband look perfect from day one? If it is ich I need to research what the best treatment is for butterflys is... hyposalinity, or copper/cupramine. Anybody know???

Awesome!! PICS!!!!

Because the CBB is such a delicate fish I did not QT it at home. My CBB was QT'd at the LFS for a couple of weeks before I got it. I know it was a risk but it was a calculated one. I wanted to get the fish in a stable environment as quickly as possible so after acclimation he went straight into the tank.

My CBB was in I guess you would say perfect condition when I got it. I saw no signs of ich or any other issues and the fish has eaten since day one.

As long as you can get yours to eat I believe you will do just fine. The fact that it was eating at the LFS is a great sign. I would continue to feed what they were and slowly transition it over to what you normally feed. If you use mysis already then you are in good shape.

My CBB litterally follows me from one end of the tank to the other like a puppy.

Awesome!! PICS!!!!

Because the CBB is such a delicate fish I did not QT it at home. My CBB was QT'd at the LFS for a couple of weeks before I got it. I know it was a risk but it was a calculated one. I wanted to get the fish in a stable environment as quickly as possible so after acclimation he went straight into the tank.

My CBB was in I guess you would say perfect condition when I got it. I saw no signs of ich or any other issues and the fish has eaten since day one.

As long as you can get yours to eat I believe you will do just fine. The fact that it was eating at the LFS is a great sign. I would continue to feed what they were and slowly transition it over to what you normally feed. If you use mysis already then you are in good shape.

My CBB litterally follows me from one end of the tank to the other like a puppy.

I will get some pics on here tomorrow either in the new aquisitions forum or unfortunately the sick fish forum. I'm not positive it is ich, I will be able to get a better look in the morning with the lights on. The LFS did not have it under good lighting. Speaking of the LFS I am upset with them. I tested the salinity of the water in the bag with the copperband and it was 1.030. I ended up doing a 4-hour acclimation to bring the water in the acclimation bucket down to 1.024 and the water in my QT up from 1.021 to 1.024 I have lots of LFS in my area but doesn't seem like I have many quality LFS. Anyway, tomorrow I will get pictures and then determine what treatment I need to get started.
Ziggy- sounds like you have a good LFS.

Blue Ribbon Koi & Marine is an awesome store. I have no complaints about them at all. The staff know their stuff and they get quality live stock.

Ziggy,
I just registered on AA today and you gave me a welcome in the introduction thread. I clicked your linked build thread and read the whole thing. Well I did some speed reading on the last 10 pages or so. It was like reading a novel on the ups and downs of having a reef tank. I salute your persistence and fortitude. The tank looks great and It's nice to see that your wife is very involved in it also. My wife loves our fish and helps feed and other simple things but wish she was more into like yours. Her plate is pretty full already. Your thread had caused me to realize how grateful I should be for not having any big mishaps so far (knock on wood). Looking forward to watch your tank mature and thrive.

Ziggy,
I just registered on AA today and you gave me a welcome in the introduction thread. I clicked your linked build thread and read the whole thing. Well I did some speed reading on the last 10 pages or so. It was like reading a novel on the ups and downs of having a reef tank. I salute your persistence and fortitude. The tank looks great and It's nice to see that your wife is very involved in it also. My wife loves our fish and helps feed and other simple things but wish she was more into like yours. Her plate is pretty full already. Your thread had caused me to realize how grateful I should be for not having any big mishaps so far (knock on wood). Looking forward to watch your tank mature and thrive.

Thanks for the kind words! Thank you for taking the time to read through my thread as well. The idea behind this thread is to share my experience in setting up a larger tank and everything that goes with it. That would include the mishaps. Hopefully others will learn from my mistakes and improve upon the things I do that work.

Glad to have you here!

Well I did a major PWC yesterday evening on the tank. I've been bouncing between my normal 32g and 64g changes. Last night it was a 64g change. I've managed to get the cyano under control and have only a few areas of it still. I also spent some time fragging some of the frags I had in my 55g. I've let them grow out so much they needed to be fragged themselves. I also cleand up that tank a bit. I have more work to do on it yet but it is getting there. I'm thinking tonight I will get the canopy down and put more of my corals back in the 120. I have a ton of zoas that I want to get growing on this one rock. I've decided to let them grow together and see what happens.

My silly clowns are now bouncing from the Duncan to the RBTA and back again. I don't think they will ever be happy. Oh and speaking of the RBTA it is now back to full color and looking great. The tentacles aren't as "bulbed" as they were before but that's ok with me. My ricordeas are multiplying and I will have to seperate them soon. Overall I'm pleased with how things are looking. Now I have to finish painting the stand and get the doors done. A nice winter project, I think.

Well I thought I would post some pics of the tank today. I've been taking more pics lately then I have in the past. I'm still using the stupid point and shoot but oh well. You'll get the idea......

1012095smallum6.jpg

1012099smalloz2.jpg

Some of my new frags
1012100smalloz1.jpg

1012101smallvj5.jpg

1012102smallrt0.jpg

If your house ever gets robbed and all thats missing is frags and corals you should definitely not follow the trail of drip marks... they will certainly not lead back to me.....

Great pictures. tank is really starting to look nice again.

I'm going to have to post something in the classified section soon. I've been working on the frag tank and making more frags. It will be time to clean house soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom