Algae eater for tanks need help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know what you should get, but I had a JD years ago who killed his mate and ate everything else in the tank. They may be pretty, but oh so aggressive. When I suggested otos I misunderstood you because I didn't realize you were talking about putting them with your JD.

No they would be for my other tank. I'm thinking of getting a snail or something for the jacks tank, maybe he is pretty aggressive eater!

Maltimomma said:
I bought 3 otos about 4 months ago and just floated the bag for about 15 min. and then put them in the tank and they are fine. They are out all the time on the side of the tank or the plants. I guess you just never know.

A lot depends on the stock. Otos are the runners up for hit-and-miss fish after gbrs.

A lot depends on the stock. Otos are the runners up for hit-and-miss fish after gbrs.
Yeah, I agree. I have tank-bred otos and they all been fine a dream after a 15 minutes float and dump. But, I know plenty of people have a harder time with them.

How would three Otos do in a 20 g with ram and guppies? I'm actually thinking about getting a snail for it, just not sure yet :) still trying to decide what would be better for the tank and which one I want!

Back
Top Bottom