New tank - Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Plain emoty tank, no sand or gravel or rock. Just some pvc pieces for the fish to hide in. A heater and some type of filtration. Lots of people use sponge filters that they keep in their up and running tanks and when they need to qt they just move the sponge filter over.

I'm lucky in the fact that I kept my 55g running with its own filtration for the last few months. Now if I had to treat anything in it I would have to move it though since I have some live rock and sand in the 55g

carey said:
Some people do, I don't personally.

I spoend so much time acclimating them I figure they will be ok.

Drip acclimate? Can't do floating with those guys?

with my shrimp I usually go for over two hours. With snails and crabs I go with temp acclimation then in they go.

carey said:
with my shrimp I usually go for over two hours. With snails and crabs I go with temp acclimation then in they go.

Same for fish... I have always temp my fish and float acc them. Added a lil water every 5 min until bag was filled up. Scooped them out and away they went... Lol. Guess I've been doing it wrong..

Guys I just ordered from aquacon yesterday and cannot say I've enjoyed the experience so far... No emails that my fish were getting shipped today, plus I got charged twice for the order, and they also managed to charge me on a credit card that gave me an error, and they charged me twice for that one too...... They better email me back or I swear I'll drive the 45 min to go to where they're located....

Guys I just ordered from aquacon yesterday and cannot say I've enjoyed the experience so far... No emails that my fish were getting shipped today, plus I got charged twice for the order, and they also managed to charge me on a credit card that gave me an error, and they charged me twice for that one too...... They better email me back or I swear I'll drive the 45 min to go to where they're located....

thats a bum deal. im angry just reading about it.

slitherbomb said:
Don't worry, if this all gets sorted out, I'll get a great deal on some stuff I've wanted for a LONG time.

Great way to scare the (dirty word) outta me. Lol... It better be here by Friday. Got 2 emails already by them. No tracking #'s.

I found their customer service excellent PRIOR to getting my items. I got the emails, then a phone call to confirm that I'd be home the following day. It was like that with both my orders

Great. I get a new group of soldiers in tomorrow... Not like I can stop and answer the phone... "at-ease guys, my confirmation call is coming in"... Smh

coffeetwitch said:
heres hoping.

ha im being nosy, what have you been wanting for a long time?

Twospot goby PAIR!!! And also a coral banded shrimp pair, and I also got a purple monti cap and chaeto algae.

Just came in. Got my 10 gal qt tank and PVC! Tomorrow I get fish!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom