Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-23-2011, 12:02 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

I was thinking of hawks, tang, and god knows I want that lion fish (but I know it's not going to happen... Yet) I want a bright marine life that is coral friendly and more then 5 fish... I watch my fresh water flourish, just want the same for my saltwater. Was thinking of a gold banded clown. Maybe a saddle.

Old 07-23-2011, 12:19 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kio707
I was thinking of hawks, tang, and god knows I want that lion fish (but I know it's not going to happen... Yet) I want a bright marine life that is coral friendly and more then 5 fish... I watch my fresh water flourish, just want the same for my saltwater. Was thinking of a gold banded clown. Maybe a saddle.
Yeah a lion would be cool. Hawk fish would be ok with caution. IMHO I like the longnose hawkfish. Most Tangs are good but seeing as you have a 90g I wouldn't get a big one, if that. They swim back and forth and need space to flourish. If you want color I would go with a flame angel or a coral beauty. Angel fish bring lots of color and some of them don't need huge tanks. Good choices on the clowns
But IMHO I would buy two and add them together. Then you wont have to worry about adding anymore down the road. (not saying that you would).

Old 07-23-2011, 12:27 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Good advice... So maybe I need to upgrade my tank to a bigger size?
Old 07-23-2011, 12:43 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kio707
Good advice... So maybe I need to upgrade my tank to a bigger size?
Well not necessarily. It depends on how bad you want a tang. I think you can have a perfectly, brilliantly, colored tank with out a tang. But thats IMO. If you want to upgrade that is your choice but it's recommended from me. Later on down the road but right I would stick with what you have.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:45 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

To house tangs you need a minimum of a 6 foot tank. 125g is the smallest i believe with that dimension. Some tangs, like the blue hippos need a 180g tank! I went with the 125g for the length so I could have tangs, that was my priority. If you wanted a Tang in the 90 the only one I can think of that wouldbe ok is the yellow eye Kole tang. I had one, very active and nice fish.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:53 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Freak

[QUOTE="carey"]To house tangs you need a minimum of a 6 foot tank. 125g is the smallest i believe with that dimension. Some tangs, like the blue hippos need a 180g tank! I went with%2
Old 07-23-2011, 12:53 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hmmm, a lot to take in.... Well, I could easily upgrade since I just started. Just transfer everything... But I'll also look at the tang u suggested. What about warrse? (think I misspelled that) Jawfish?
Old 07-23-2011, 12:54 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
To house tangs you need a minimum of a 6 foot tank. 125g is the smallest i believe with that dimension. Some tangs, like the blue hippos need a 180g tank! I went with the 125g for the length so I could have tangs, that was my priority. If you wanted a Tang in the 90 the only one I can think of that wouldbe ok is the yellow eye Kole tang. I had one, very active and nice fish.
+1 I completely agree. Your very limited to what you can do with a tang in a 90g.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:55 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Wrasses are nice, some are reef safe some arent. And yeah I like the jawfish, I'm thinking of one for my 125g now, but I think wrasses and jawfish might be jumpers. Do you have a cover on your tank?

Check out Aquarium Fish: Tropical Freshwater Fish and Saltwater Fish for Home Aquariums and look at them there, it will tell you much more than I ever could.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:00 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Freak

get invertebrates they are so awesome! pistol shrimps, cleaner shrimps, crabs, mmmm you can't go wrong with them!

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com