Is it safe to use SafeStart?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ForFish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
There is a product called SafeStart that allows you to add fish to the tank immediately, is this product safe to use?

Amazon Link

i have used a safestart type thing before. I prefer seachems stability more. you add a little bit everyday. But, i never use just that. If you could, i would get some used substrate from someone, maybe a small piece of filter media as well, and some aged water. i have used all three of those along with stability and it works like a charm and in my opinion it is much stronger and stable bacteria.

Its safe as long as you follow instructions properly.

What size tank you have? How much fish do you have? What type of fish? What is your pH? What is your water temp?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It won't hurt but it doesn't necessarily make it possible to stock your tank all at once the way they claim. It's just a boosted fish-in cycle and there's no guarantee the Bacteria will do anything but live a few hours and die without reproducing.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Ditto to what trennamw said. Add fish slowly. Very slowly. Don't shock the bacteria.

Sent from my XT907 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom