Delapool's 150 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mini sounds nice and comes up every so often. Sounds perfect for low tech tank. Maybe I should of bought two of these!

A quick update. Repaired and strengthened the broken bridge ornament. Now to let it dry for a week.

Bought some aqua-soil (? package in bin) and added a few cups to the shrimp tank. Mainly wanted the black colour so I can see the ninja shrimp. They seem to be going ok - planning on getting photo's this week.

Also (since I was there) bought several more yoyo loaches and also spanner barbs to try. They seem to have settled in nicely so far.

A couple of quick photos - not the best. Heaps of character to the shrimp and barbs. The shrimp I can actually see with the substrate added now. Barbs have settled in very quickly, not the greatest colour but I like the pattern.

fd1212476ae3e5ebe8698dd493ca1963.heic

d876dbfae30a1fcd491abf45148ad5e9.heic

22bcf7d1cee1362666472f2bda6f7acc.heic

b5f6d7bb5743cab473d95789876a0802.heic

Last edited:
I know, I thought there were only 5 or 10 but heaps in there. Can see them much better now. Hoping they get nice patterns.

The barbs are lively fish! Such a stocky lot charging around. So far plants seem ok. Rams are still getting food as they have marked out the bottom of the pellet drop zone as theirs.

Lol - that would match them well.

I’ll give it a go, they are a bit small for the iPhone still and hoping they do get to a decent size. The tank is super clean though. I wish I could have them in the main tank.

Ninja shrimp photos (the iPhone was struggling). Bit more colour and maybe some banding. Very tiny but very busy! I took some other photos to check out if any better. Ended up leaning the iPhone on glass and waiting for a shrimp to walk into view as it wouldn’t focus on them (will have to see if there is some sort of extra zoom camera app).

3004dfb6e279f344429d4088a8477cae.jpg

28969b123abc97320b508edad9be2635.jpg

Back
Top Bottom