Delapool's 150 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, indeed beautiful, great looking plants!

Must confess they are quite forgiving. This lfs is the bees knees.

You just need another tank for those extra plants.

Sadly so true!! Thinking of a small dirted tank for shrimp and plants but that sounded like work. Nano SW maybe ...

Wow just got the iPhone 6s and picture of quality has improved 10 fold. Tank looks really really healthy Dela nice work!

Congrats on the phone! Each one gets better I reckon. I think that CO2 splitter from the UK company you kindly put me onto was the turning point. (Although the line of failed plants goes down the street around the corner)..

Whoo-hoo - network back up. Buying root tabs and maybe the bridge today (parcels delivered to neighbor to be passed across back fence at midnight).

Ok, it's possible there really is 50 tabs to a bag and I may have over-ordered (especially considering 1 or 2 bags got dropped off list to keep weight down).

Attachments

• IMG_0551.jpg
    IMG_0551.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 32
Wowzies that a bunch of fert tabs.

I would be careful how many you add at once or you could see a huge spike in ammonia at some point when they start breaking down!!!

Maybe a hot item at the next auction, make some money back?!

Could be a nice idea. Good thing I didn't go for the next size up to reduce postage cost! Put 6 in today.

Sadly the bloated angelfish didn't make it. Tried a half dose of pimafix (under oil idea), and the Indian Almond leaves (hoping that would work like Epsom salts), and the Epsom salts (in hospital tank and stronger dip). No luck but really bad case.

Last edited:
Looking a bit cleaner. Just about all the clippings in the garden.

Hoping the cut leaves will look ok and not brown off or anything.

7f3c5fce7d0118e01e90d778491472c4.jpg

Much easier at feeding time :)

ab114a5f913eaf43e9de642987cbb45d.jpg

c6958c26bc95be03edd06405d65425df.jpg

Looking great, Dela! That's a lot of leaves. It seems like you've hit the "Java Fern on steroids" threshold. Java Fern is so slow at first, and then on one random day, it starts to excel in growth.

Lol - so true. Saw a nice pair of large scissors at shop. Very tempted. It seems to have not minded the pruning at all.

Bought ninja shrimp at the auction last night and yet more buce (no idea where to put it). Added shrimp to a spare tank (at just past midnight but saw some swimming this morning). These are I think a West Australian freshwater version - I need to double-check.

Bought ninja shrimp at the auction last night and yet more buce (no idea where to put it). Added shrimp to a spare tank (at just past midnight but saw some swimming this morning). These are I think a West Australian freshwater version - I need to double-check.

That's cool! Pics soon please!

How about little suction cup attachments covered in Buces.

Hey, that’s a great idea. I think I have some with little holes already drilled that I could try.

These shrimp are wee little things! Thinking of adding a black substrate on weekend. Will get some photos but nothing special so far except they are natives.

Isn't it funny how our native creatures aren't AS special.always to the native persons, but Austrailian River shrimp or Canadian Lake shrimp, or Mississippi River, shrimp sound so much more interesting the farther away you are.

I am getting a bit more interest in some of our native fish here too. The Pygmy Sun fish is really cool and the North American Flag Fish is really colorful. Some one here just posted them. I used to find some sort of Guppies or Endlers in the ditch near my house when I was a kid. They had colors too. Could have been someone dumped them there at some point too.

As a side note we had a natural spring which made a mucky pond in the corner of the school yard we called the pollywog pond and of course it had pollywogs and the most horrid smelling mud. It would all but dry up in summer. How fun but as a kid, I didn't know how special it was. They eventually closed it off somehow and built a housing tract there on top. A real natural spring!!!

I look at the US native fish and just think wow!

Got back from camping and was tempted down there to try catching some native fish but ran out of time to see if a freshwater license was needed.

The bridge turned up. Unfortunately broken but I think easily repaired. It is a lot smaller than I thought though so would have to be more careful with it than I thought. Although length was right to sit the bolbitis on it, the other dimensions look too small. Intending to try it anyways or just put in a small tank.

Mainly wanted it to give bolbitis some height a bit and I could sit most of plant on bridge right up against back glass (instead of picking gravel out of prunings as I’m too cheap to buy more).

Attachments

• IMG_0579.jpg
    IMG_0579.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 41
I look at the US native fish and just think wow!

Got back from camping and was tempted down there to try catching some native fish but ran out of time to see if a freshwater license was needed.

The bridge turned up. Unfortunately broken but I think easily repaired. It is a lot smaller than I thought though so would have to be more careful with it than I thought. Although length was right to sit the bolbitis on it, the other dimensions look too small. Intending to try it anyways or just put in a small tank.

Mainly wanted it to give bolbitis some height a bit and I could sit most of plant on bridge right up against back glass (instead of picking gravel out of prunings as I’m too cheap to buy more).

The bridge doesn't look too much like it will give the height you wanted, but will get it off the substrate for sure.

Presently growing the variety called Baby Leaf Bolbitis heteroclita "difformis" which is a tiny version 4-5 inches/10-12 cm tall. - lovely plant, the tiny texture is great.

I am thinking my 90G will be the cool water tank. One of the other members here just changed up her big SW for a FW because there was so much extra cost (and some extra effort) for the SW.

Will likely get a few Pygmy Sunfish if I can from the upcoming Auction, around the end of the month.

Yes, it looks fantastic but so small. Was thinking also of putting in a small tank and having a sand "river" with black pebbles on either side. Hmmmm.

Perfect plant for that and Anubias Nana mini or Micro can't recall which, it has leaves about 3 mm long!!! Adorable. Coin on bottom is a US dime - ~18mm.
60074-albums13946-picture70838.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom