Bert's ADA cube garden

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awesome tank, and if you ever want to add more rhizome plants, it looks like there are plenty nooks and crannies! Once grown in, this tank will look even better.

Thanks fish and T [emoji16] yea I've still got a fair few books I need to fill, I was going to just fill them with parva and then changed my mind. I think the bare spots might even go black once the plants grow out make it look abit cave like in spots ;) you know what I'm like though I'll probably jam plants in there haha

Just did my first water change! Plumbing works perfectly! Water change took me a total of 15 minutes! Also I see no reduction in flow at all, if anything I could have abit less and it wouldn't be an issue. Stoked! [emoji16]

Nice going Bert. You've done a nice job there pal.

Thanks mate now just to keep the algae away while the soil settles. I'd have about 50ppm co2 cranking in there at the moment. Drop checker is bright yellow lol.

Going to try and build a DIY surface skimmer today, I've got an old 1000lph power head laying around so it would be a shame not to use it. No point in spending 40-$50 on a skimmer when it's not going to be permanent. Just want one for clearing leaf litter after trimming etc.

I also don't want to add one to the canister as that means more filter cleaning. I'll post some pictures of what I come up with [emoji106]

Going to try and build a DIY surface skimmer today, I've got an old 1000lph power head laying around so it would be a shame not to use it. No point in spending 40-$50 on a skimmer when it's not going to be permanent. Just want one for clearing leaf litter after trimming etc.

I also don't want to add one to the canister as that means more filter cleaning. I'll post some pictures of what I come up with [emoji106]

Scrap that in must have thrown it out.

More dramas! The co2 reg I got is a pile of crap, it's struggling to hold a consistent bubble count and the bottle pressure gauge has already stopped working [emoji17] serves me right for being tight and not forking out the $$ for a proper one. I'll order an azoo reg like my other one next week to replace it. Hopefully be able to send it back for a refund [emoji106]

Well it turns out I either have a major leak or the tank wasn't full when I bought it. Tanks completely drained in only 5 days. I'll have to get a refill tomorrow and reset it.

Slow leak maybe? Idk, all my bottle leaks have been pretty loud.

Ye that's what makes me think the bottle wasn't filled before I bought it. I didn't hear any hissing or anything so im at a loss lol oh well I'll just get it filled and try again lol

Co2 is back online, I can't find a dam leak anywhere. I put dishwashing liquid around every connection and there is no bubbles at all.

Thinking it must have been the cyclinder wasn't full when I bought it. Hopefully this time it all stays smooth sailing.

I had one where I think the main valve must of been slightly open when stored in garage (I alternate between 2) or it didn't get filled properly as didn't last much past overnight.

I had one where I think the main valve must of been slightly open when stored in garage (I alternate between 2) or it didn't get filled properly as didn't last much past overnight.

Haha it was certainly annoying! Had 2 days without co2 and I already started to get algae lol (Ada gives off heaps of ammonia)

It's back blasting tho [emoji16]

Sounds great! Where do you get it filled? One micro-brewery place here puts it in a fridge to cool down, other doesn't - always wondered if it was worth the extra waiting time.

Sounds great! Where do you get it filled? One micro-brewery place here puts it in a fridge to cool down, other doesn't - always wondered if it was worth the extra waiting time.

I get mine filled at a local home brew shop :) they just have exchange bottles my size so I just walk in and swap it and off I go ;) only costs $22 for a 2.6kg cylinder.

I've heard they hold more when chilled, never tried it tho [emoji106]

I get mine filled at a local home brew shop :) they just have exchange bottles my size so I just walk in and swap it and off I go ;) only costs $22 for a 2.6kg cylinder.

I've heard they hold more when chilled, never tried it tho [emoji106]

That's what I got told that it would hold more and it's same price anyways + I've noticed brewing people take this pretty seriously!. But the other place is just walk in / walk out which is a bit better as to chill the bottle at first place takes them an hour so a return trip is needed. I'll ask next time if a big difference in extra CO2. Mostly I'm just happy to get it changed - first place may have no CO2 and second place no bottles.

Back
Top Bottom