Bert's ADA cube garden

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Found the issue to the co2, had a dicky check valve. Replaced it with a new one and it's now holding a steady bubble count [emoji106] bright yellow drop checker all day at the moment.

I've lost basically all the leaves on the bolbitus and a patch of bylxa to melt but other than that growth is strong. Rotala Hr ah has taken off in a big way but the SP green is taking abit of time.

Aquasoil is still leaking ammonia, doing 50% changes every second day now, few bits of algae hanging around but I've been removing it as it pops up.

I'll be starting full fert dosing once the ammonia settles. The tank is fully cycled already, low ammonia readings and only nitrates, no nitrite to be seen [emoji106]

Happy tank!

Pumping the co2, yellow drop checker all day. 50% water changes every second to third day. Growths good, melt is minimal. Bolbitis has struggled with the transition but has new shoots coming up so I'm not worried.

Some really healthy mc is growing so it should take off soon.

Minimal algae for the amount of ammonia from the Ada soil.

Overall really happy. Here's some pics (excuse the equipment and tools [emoji16]) http://pho.to/AkwdZ

The second post was supposed to be on the 60 gal lol

Haha thanks cal [emoji16] it's been just on 2 weeks now so did u want me to get u some test results in the Ada with the Ada soil?

However the ph won't be overly accurate due to the massive amounts of co2 I'm pumping in lol

Co2 is still a big issue with the tank, it's drained another 2.6kg cyclinder in 3 weeks. I've messaged the supplier of the regulator and they have told me a certain part under the bubble counter can be defective so they are sending me out a replacement part to fix it.

If that doesn't work I'll be getting a full refund and getting another azoo or a co2art reg.

Hopefully the part arrives fast and I'm not without co2 for too long.

Abit of algae around still and a heap of fungus from the DW, getting some shrimp in a week or 2 so it won't last long! Ammonia has finally settled and the tank is cycled [emoji16]

Pics:http://pho.to/AlEZo

That's stinks about the CO2 leak. Hope you get it refunded and replaced with a reliable piece of equipment.
I am averaging between 3-4 months on a smaller CO2 tank (0.68 KG).

That's stinks about the CO2 leak. Hope you get it refunded and replaced with a reliable piece of equipment.
I am averaging between 3-4 months on a smaller CO2 tank (0.68 KG).

Thanks fresh! Yea I normally get 4 months out of a 2.6kg on the 60g so I should get almost double that on this 30g. I'm almost 100% sure it's an issue with the needle valve. If I adjust it to a bubble count then lightly touch the knob and not turn it at all the count stops completely. Also if I set it to 2 bps the next day when it turns on with the timer it comes out at a crazy rate. The whole thing is very frustrating and if I don't sort it soon I bet I'll end up with BBA

It's the old saying I guess "you get what you pay for"

Well 2 days without co2 so far and I've added 10 shrimp to the tank. Co2's getting filled tomorrow so I'll hook it up asap. I've noticed some blue green algae has popped up so I'll have to deal with that aswell [emoji36] going to run the co2 24/7 so the bubble count stays steady untill I can get the reg sorted out. Massive pain in the bum!

Wish me luck!

Good luck! High tech tanks eh, wonderful when they work, when they don't....

Haha so true! I've got mixed thoughts about the Ada soil to be honest. I'm sure it will be fine now it's settled down but those 3 weeks of high ammonia brang on a fair bit of algae.
Even when following the recommended water changes. I think next time I'll use the 3 additives aswell and see if that helps. (Bacter 100,clear super etc)

Found the issue with the reg too it looks like the internals of the needle valve is slightly bent as the knob spins out of round. I can see it's slightly wonky when you turn it. The replacement will hopefully fix the problem

Do the three additives reduce algae or something?

Yea apparently they are ment to stop BGA, not sure if it works or not lol could just be to pull more money out of you ;) I removed the BGA with siphoning it with an air hose. Can't see anymore in the tank and I've got the co2 back and running so fingers crossed [emoji106]

I've got a pretty large pond snail population at the moment aswell but I'll deal with that later [emoji23]

Forgot to add I've also added 2 types of buce I found locally the other day [emoji16]

Yea apparently they are ment to stop BGA, not sure if it works or not lol could just be to pull more money out of you ;) I removed the BGA with siphoning it with an air hose. Can't see anymore in the tank and I've got the co2 back and running so fingers crossed [emoji106]

I've got a pretty large pond snail population at the moment aswell but I'll deal with that later [emoji23]

Forgot to add I've also added 2 types of buce I found locally the other day [emoji16]

Welcome to the Buce club! Patience is key with them, but the colors are worth it.

Welcome to the Buce club! Patience is key with them, but the colors are worth it.

Thanks fish [emoji106] pretty excited about them. Only for 1 small plant of each but I'm sure I can turn them into lots! Are they a rhinzome plant or can I just plant them like a stem?

Thanks fish [emoji106] pretty excited about them. Only for 1 small plant of each but I'm sure I can turn them into lots! Are they a rhinzome plant or can I just plant them like a stem?

A rhizome plant. Attach to driftwood or a rock. Another option would be to just plant the roots in the substrate.

A rhizome plant. Attach to driftwood or a rock. Another option would be to just plant the roots in the substrate.

Ah good stuff [emoji106] I thought they looked abit rhinzomeish so I pushed one between 2 rocks and just buried the roots of the other :) ones a large variety and ones a small one. Think it was buce chainsaw and buce serenity? I think the second ones wrong but I can't remember the name lol

I'll get a pic when I get home from work [emoji106]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom