Brian's GLA 6g Rimless V.2 - Rescape Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a couple of schools, Neon tetras and Harlequin Rasboras. They eventually find a place where they enjoy. I know this because i have a big pile of fish poo there about an hour after i vacuum it off the tank floor. Maybe your Embers feel too close to the light which is making them swim low in the tank. You could try shading a small portion of the tank and see if they decide to hang out there. Tank looks good though. I hope it fills in quickly for you.

Could also try getting some floaters to shade light if you don't feel like modding the fixture. I think if they were afraid of the bubbles, they'd get used to them eventually.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a couple of schools, Neon tetras and Harlequin Rasboras. They eventually find a place where they enjoy. I know this because i have a big pile of fish poo there about an hour after i vacuum it off the tank floor. Maybe your Embers feel too close to the light which is making them swim low in the tank. You could try shading a small portion of the tank and see if they decide to hang out there. Tank looks good though. I hope it fills in quickly for you.

Could also try getting some floaters to shade light if you don't feel like modding the fixture. I think if they were afraid of the bubbles, they'd get used to them eventually.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think you guys are both right about the light... I noticed today with just the room lights on, not the fixture, the Embers were swimming all over the place. When I turn the light on, they get in their tightly formed school at the bottom -- which looks cool, but I'd hate to stress them out. I guess I'll try putting some frogbit on the top.

Brian, could you make a list of the plants you have in the tank currently? I may have missed it, but I didn't see one since the rescape. I am hoping to turn my 6.6g long into a decent shrimp/nano tank, and am just looking around for plant ideas. Thanks

Sure.. the rescaped version has flame and mini Xmas moss. Anubias petite, DHG (e. Parvula), narrow leaf micro sword, and marsilea minuta.

PFR's in the house!

It's been a while since I updated on this tank. Nothing much going on other than the PFR (painted fire red) shrimp seem to be doing well in this tank. Not as nice as used to look IMO as a high-tech build, but low-tech setup = no-fuss tank! :)

Here are some pics:

ibbeU6Q2p0cnAn.JPG

iLdyRIV9m2T7g.JPG

iEfLO9jPZnaA0.jpg

Berried female! :) :dance:

ibchnFep7zb9VK.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom