My first rimless build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One thing i forgot to mention on my post, was about planning. If you want to put high light red plants in this then make sure you have planned an open area for them.

Im still shifting plants around in my tank to find the best positions for the reds/purples. Its tricky when you have large shady areas where not much other than crypts/anubias' will grow

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks sk3lly! I don't want sand all that much. You have the small grain size right? I don't think I'll do any reds in here, the buce's are a bit crimson so that should cover the contrast, hopefully the limno hits red too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks sk3lly! I don't want sand all that much. You have the small grain size right? I don't think I'll do any reds in here, the buce's are a bit crimson so that should cover the contrast, hopefully the limno hits red too.

I have the powder and regular in use. Powdered was used around the edges as in my opinion it looks neater on the glass

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

How much did you get? How much of the normal would i need do you think? Footprint is roughly 18×9"

I would guess a 9litre back would be plenty

Oh really?? That's spectacular! Atleast 2-3" depth you think?

Superbowl tonight woop woop. How long can i keep myself awake before i realise **** i got work in the morning lol

Oh really?? That's spectacular! Atleast 2-3" depth you think?

I reckon for a depth of 3" you will want 15lbs i reckon. Now i could tell you exactly how many bags if i knew a conversion of lbs into litres. Hold on let me do maths lol

By my maths 1lb is .493kg. 1 litre of water weighs 1kg so i'll base it off this. So 15lb x .493kg = 7.3litres. So a 9litre bag gives you spare. I would assume ADA amazonia weighs less than water so you may even have more leftover

Superbowl tonight woop woop. How long can i keep myself awake before i realise **** i got work in the morning lol

It's only 830 you old fart:p go pats! !!

I reckon for a depth of 3" you will want 15lbs i reckon. Now i could tell you exactly how many bags if i knew a conversion of lbs into litres. Hold on let me do maths lol

That's ok man, I can ask my phone lady.

It's only 830 you old fart:p go pats! !!

That's ok man, I can ask my phone lady.

I think the match starts 10.30pm my time. Yep i want Pats too

I think the match starts 10.30pm my time. Yep i want Pats too

Hehe match.. game would suffice my friend;) that is late.. 830 for you or 430 for us would be a bit easier on the Monday.

Ugh.. the ada site is giving me a very hard time, i just want to give them my money haha..

Ugh.. the ada site is giving me a very hard time, i just want to give them my money haha..

Very unusual for ADA! Usually they love taking our money

Very unusual for ADA! Usually they love taking our money

I'm frustrated man, I've tried 4 times! Just sent them an email. I want to get the stuff leaching sooner than later.

I'm frustrated man, I've tried 4 times! Just sent them an email. I want to get the stuff leaching sooner than later.

Which are you going for? Amazonia? If so powdered or standard?

Which are you going for? Amazonia? If so powdered or standard?

Yes, standard, i don't want the sand.

Its not as fine as sand. Look
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422837942.190837.jpg

Here you can see the powdered with some of the regular that has made its way on top

Hmm, I actually like the size there, does it make a mess when you uproot plants?

Back
Top Bottom